Tac Bay Rentals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tac Bay Rentals?

After my first experience with shooting in a tactical bay, it's kinda hard to go shoot at a public shooting range. Couple of buddies of mine want to go shooting and I wanted to give them a new experience by shooting in a tactical bay.

Does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions on where we can go? I think ETTS will allow a non-member to rent a bay out to go shooting. Anywhere else I can look into?

dude, just come to an IDPA or USPSA match... way more structure, very safe, and lots of other guys to learn from that also tend to do all the hard work of setting up (you should ABSOLUTELY help tear down though).

I just shot USPSA out at JCSSA today and it was a great time.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Any word on ammo going back down
      WH

Comment

ETTS will rent out. Just have everyone fill out the waiver and drop $30 a piece at the trailer. You'll need your own targets
        2012 GT500

Comment

What all are you wanting to do? Do you care if other people are in the bay with you? I have my membership out at Lone Star.

Comment

B-tactical in Caddo Mills has one you can rent

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
              dude, just come to an IDPA or USPSA match... way more structure, very safe, and lots of other guys to learn from that also tend to do all the hard work of setting up (you should ABSOLUTELY help tear down though).

I just shot USPSA out at JCSSA today and it was a great time.
              I'd like to check it out, not sure if my friends would be interested in it though. Where can I find a local schedule?

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
              ETTS will rent out. Just have everyone fill out the waiver and drop $30 a piece at the trailer. You'll need your own targets
              Probably what I'll be going with. Any idea how crowded it can get on the weekends?

Originally posted by GE View Post
              What all are you wanting to do? Do you care if other people are in the bay with you? I have my membership out at Lone Star.
              Mostly plinking and getting familiar with AR's for them. I was going to ask you but I had no idea when and if this will happen, I was mostly trying to figure out a place to go shoot and then start figuring out a date. I'll have to holler at you and see if you are available whenever we figure something out.

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
              I'll check it out. Thanks.

Comment

There is a new range on Davis Blvd, I think I saw something that mentioned they have bays.

If you ever end up going, I have never shot in a bay. Do you run 3 gun drills or something? I can bring NFA toys to make it more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                  I'd like to check it out, not sure if my friends would be interested in it though. Where can I find a local schedule?

Probably what I'll be going with. Any idea how crowded it can get on the weekends?

Mostly plinking and getting familiar with AR's for them. I was going to ask you but I had no idea when and if this will happen, I was mostly trying to figure out a place to go shoot and then start figuring out a date. I'll have to holler at you and see if you are available whenever we figure something out.

I'll check it out. Thanks.
                  This is a decent calendar, be sure to select TX as the state top left.

Welcome to ShootMatch.com where we bring Match Directors and shooters together. Please visit our growing list of calendars to find a match near you.

And if you want, there's a USPSA match at ETTS this Saturday at 10am, should be pretty nice down there. If you want to go, I'd suggest signing up for it on Practiscore.com first to get your spot reserved. If you've never shot USPSA, do some research and watch some videos. You don't have to be a USPSA member to shoot it, but your classifier stage will not count later if you aren't a member first.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                    This is a decent calendar, be sure to select TX as the state top left.

Welcome to ShootMatch.com where we bring Match Directors and shooters together. Please visit our growing list of calendars to find a match near you.

And if you want, there's a USPSA match at ETTS this Saturday at 10am, should be pretty nice down there. If you want to go, I'd suggest signing up for it on Practiscore.com first to get your spot reserved. If you've never shot USPSA, do some research and watch some videos. You don't have to be a USPSA member to shoot it, but your classifier stage will not count later if you aren't a member first.
                    So I have to register in order to spectate? What about the three gun match at TDSA? I'd like to check that out as well. Is that possible to spectate or is that closed to the public?

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                      Yeah, at like $40/hr. Fuck that noise.

There's a Combative 2-gun class at ETTS on like Sat 2/25, but I fly out for a cruise on Sunday, so that's kinda out. Aside from that weekend and the weekend after, my weekends are generally free, just hit me up.

Comment

There's a Combative 2-gun class at ETTS on like Sat 2/25, but I fly out for a cruise on Sunday, so that's kinda out. Aside from that weekend and the weekend after, my weekends are generally free, just hit me up.
                        It's $30 an hour. I've shot 500 rounds in an hour out there and had plenty of practice in for the day. They're a much smaller range than ETTS, so I don't blame them for having a higher hourly rate to prevent one person from taking up the bay for an entire day.
                        Originally posted by Jester
                        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                        Originally posted by Denny
                        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

OK that was probably you but I remember someone complaining about the high price with them and I couldn't find any pricing on their website either (nor ETTS).

I'll be sure to hit you up. Like I said, no idea when we might go though but at least I'm set for ammo

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                            It's $30 an hour. I've shot 500 rounds in an hour out there and had plenty of practice in for the day. They're a much smaller range than ETTS, so I don't blame them for having a higher hourly rate to prevent one person from taking up the bay for an entire day.
                            OK I can understand that. But what happens if you have 5 people? That's a lot of money an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                              So I have to register in order to spectate? What about the three gun match at TDSA? I'd like to check that out as well. Is that possible to spectate or is that closed to the public?

I do not believe you have to register to spectate, but you'd want to call ETTS to ask if you have to pay a range fee. No need to sign up on practiscore if you're not shooting...

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                              X