Update on stuff and things.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    Nah, it was a completely random grader. I knocked out 35 took a rest. Asked what I was at. "26". Knock out 10 more, small break. "29". So 13 left, start knocking out another 10. "32". I was pretty pissed. I'm still going though. Announcer man calls 10 seconds, grader tells me to knock out 2 more and get up
    He wasn't counting out loud as you go? I believe that the FM requires that of a scorer.. You shouldn't have to ask. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
      He wasn't counting out loud as you go? I believe that the FM requires that of a scorer.. You shouldn't have to ask. lol
      No he wasn't. He had a clicker thing and clicked it every single push-up I did
      Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
      It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
        No he wasn't. He had a clicker thing and clicked it every single push-up I did
        You sure?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
          You sure?
          Yeah. His was loud as hell
          It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

So we are in tower week right now. Which is pretty much just a lot of getting dropped, while they try to teach you how to land. One way they do it is a 12' tall platform that has a harness attached to a chain, the chain hooks into a latch that is released by pulling a string. So what they do is hook you in, you lean over the edge and they drop you off. The SGT airborne tells you what type of landing you are going to do while you are swinging. Once you get in the correct body position they pull the rope and you drop the rest of the way to the ground.

Well today there was a break in the system. Someone forgot to hook the chain in and homeboy took a 12' dive off the top rope. He ended up being okay. But we were told we probably won't see that cadre member again

Comment

Keep your headgear out of your fourth point of contact and you'll be fine.
              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                Keep your headgear out of your fourth point of contact and you'll be fine.

Lmao. Was just thinking the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't be a jump refusal, being #1 in the door is pretty cool.
                  De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Jumped twice today and it was awesome. #6 in the door first jump. #1 for the second jump. Landed soft as hell both times minor tangles on the second jump but nothing major. Hopefully get the last 3 knocked out tomorrow

Comment

Looks like you are enjoying it so far...RIP wont be so lax. I guess they are calling it RASP now.

Comment

All graduated from Airborne now. The real fun starts Tuesday when I get "picked up" for holdover. Word on the street is the next class starts in about 4 weeks

Comment

Great job!
                          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                          86 SVO - Sold
                          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Good job man!

Comment

Way to go man. Airborne lead the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm fucking nervous as shit for tomorrow. And it's only pre rasp. FUCK

Comment

Working...
                                X