Anyone proficient in Wordpress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone proficient in Wordpress?

If you have followed along with any of my small business threads, or even my cake bite threads, you are probably familiar with my website issues. I have distributed approximately 300 packages, all with my web address plastered to the front of them. Unfortunately, when you navigate to my webpage, www.russellsconfectionperfection.com , There is no pertinent information about me or my business. It is just a standard wordpress template page. I say standard. I've got some visual features there that I like, from a custom template started by a board member. I have not been able to get a hold of said board member over the last month and a half. Haven't heard from him since the first or second week of Nov. when my website crashed IIRC. I understand the Holiday season keeps a lot of people super busy, but the livelihood of my business is at stake here. (/rant)

I have two issues currently at hand.

1. I am looking for a new web hosting site. I am currently using yahoo small business, and would like to find something a bit more cost effective. I've had a few technical bumps along the way with them.

2. I have GOT to get my website functional. I have a photo shoot for some wedding cakes the last weekend of the month, I would love for this to be somewhat sorted in the next week (I am off today and tomorrow), however, I NEED it done by the time I get those pictures back from my photographer.

I am not proficient in Wordpress and it has been a LOT of years since I did any real web design.

www.russellsconfectionperfection.com/admin (web design done by a board member)

www.russellsconfectionperfection.com (web design created by me using as much code as I could harvest from the /admin site)

There are currently two wordpress installs on the server I am using. One was installed by the web designer, I don't have a log in for wordpress, however I can get to the design files. So, I installed my own directory and copied those word press files into the same templates in my directory. I believe that got me to where the site is right now. My ultimate goal would be the /admin site. However, I would be thrilled with a site that doesn't have the menu on the right side, has a functioning and organized photo gallery, has an intro, info, and basic pricing page.

Sorry if this is a cluster fuck of a post. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't have the means for monetary compensation, however, I get rave reviews on all of my sweets....
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Bump
    2012 GT500

Comment

Here you go: www.freelancer.com

Post up exactly what you want your site to look like. Then have developers bid on how much they'll charge you in making your site. Look at the developers past feedback so you won't get a shitty site.

Comment

Working...
      X