AR.Drone 2.0 must have...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR.Drone 2.0 must have...

This thing is cool. My inner nerd/child was screaming "Gimme!" when the clerk showed it to me at Brookstones the other day. Made by Parrot, its a quadricopter that is controlled by ur iPod, iPhone, iPad, or android device via wifi connection. It is its own little wifi hotspot. Check it out. I want one, if it wasn't $300.... And 15 min flight time.... Wiiiiith a 90 minute charge. Granted it takes RC/Airsoft LiPo style batteries. So extras could be had. But still!

You've really never seen those before?

Comment

Apparently not...

Comment

they look pretty cool!
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Cool toy and I wish I could afford one. Being able to record video would be like having your own personal UAV LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
            Cool toy and I wish I could afford one. Being able to record video would be like having your own personal UAV LOL!
            No joke... I already been mentally blue printing one of these with an airsoft AEG on it somehow. UAV/Hunter Killer. Mmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
              Apparently not...
              Didn't mean to come off as an ass-hole... They've just been around for a few years now already and thought they were old news.

Comment

My guess is they can't hold much of any payload. I bet people have tried all over youtube.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Brookstone online has the first version for $139 (I bought mine after seeing it on Bensbargains for $129. for a refurb unit), I bought one for my oldest and it is sweet.

Bensbargains ad;
                  Brookstone has the refurbished Parrot AR.Drone Wi-Fi Quadricopter (Blue, Green or Yellow) for $140 - $10 off in cart - $5 off with coupon code AF5 [Exp 12/31] = $125 with free 2-day shipping (get it in time for Christmas!). Features beginner/expert controller modes, carbon fiber & high-resistance plastic construction, front & bottom cameras, iOS and Android 2.2+ compatible. [Amazon Reviews]

Brookstone ad for the refurb (not 2.0 but just as fun);

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                    My guess is they can't hold much of any payload. I bet people have tried all over youtube.
                    From what I hear, it can only carry 4 grams...have not tested it yet

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                      From what I hear, it can only carry 4 grams...have not tested it yet
                      lol 4 grams, that's 4 paper clips. Seems like they didn't waste money on the motor's thrust at all, lol. About all it would be good for is transporting cocaine baggies to buyers.

Comment

Working...
                      X