PC to TV gaming with steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC to TV gaming with steam

So I have Uverse into a certain room and the uverse router reaches all the house just fine.

I have a PC wired direct into the router and that has steam and would be my steam game console.

I have a big screen in another room, along with room to play and the gutars and stuff

I want to Download rocksmith on the PC but play it on the big screen in the other room. Without running cables across the house, and with the ability to control it from that same play room.

Is there any cheap easy way to do this?

The alternative is to just get an ecksbawx and the XB version of the game and use that. No problem, but if I can do the same for a similar price and use steam I would be happier.

It would also facilitate making the whole thing mobile, but that is a different discussion. Regardless, is there a simple way to do it through steam if the steam PC is in another room?

The problem you run into doing all this shit remote, especially with music games, is the latency associated with it. You will not have an enjoyable experience with it.

Comment

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

x2 on powerline

Comment

Has powerline actually matured enough? I tried it like 10-12 years ago...maybe 8 and hated it. I understand the physical cabling...etc has to do with it - I just did not have much luck at the time.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Doesnt it have to be on the same circuit to work? If he needing it at the other side of the house its probably on a different breaker.
            03 cobra

Comment

I tried powerline and it worked fine, though I believe it was on the same 15A ckt. These were netgear units I believe in a friends house. He was using it for his xbox.

Comment

okay that's a start, but how do I control the PC?

Looking more and more like the only decent way is an Xbox. Or i suppose a PS3.

Or if I wait a few weeks I'll probably move on to wanting something else and not spend anything....

Comment

Working...
                X