EAA Witness .45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAA Witness .45

Any good? I just picked one up at a local pawn shop.... sub $350. Nothing but the gun and 1 mag.

Any thoughts?
    GIFSoup

Buy a 10mm conversion, #22 wolf spring kit and enjoy.
    Originally posted by Sean88gt
    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

I have several in different calibers, never a problem. Great deal!

Comment

Originally posted by mirefire 2.0 View Post
        Any good? I just picked one up at a local pawn shop.... sub $350. Nothing but the gun and 1 mag.

Any thoughts?
        Ive seen CJ recommend them numerous times, so that means they MUST be good!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Have had a bunch of 9mm EAA and never any issues.

Comment

I had a witness hunter in 10mm for a while, I loved that gun!
            Ded

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
              Ive seen CJ recommend them numerous times, so that means they MUST be good!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
              If Ceeej recommended the Herp...most of us would run and get it.
              GIFSoup

Comment

If Ceeej recommended the Herp...most of us would run and get it.
                Does it come in FDE?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
                  Does it come in FDE?
                  Tacticool Herp... won't tell you how to get it...
                  GIFSoup

Comment

What version and how old? I have an older steel and I love it. Still has the full slide instead of the thinned down nonsense. I love it so far, mine is 10mm

Comment

Its the best gun for the money out there. I love the shit out of them.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                        Its the best gun for the money out there. I love the shit out of them.
                        No jerking on my Witness Ceeej...
                        GIFSoup

Comment

No jerking on my Witness Ceeej...
                          Only if there is no witness.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

there used to be two sizes, large frame and small frame. The 45 was on the large frame. Slides will not interchange between large and small. That led to slides of the smaller calibers being made for both sizes.

I believe all models were redesigned to use one frame now. I am not sure if all the old mags will work on the new frames, but they should.

I would place them in a category with taurus. I've split a barrel (think it ws a squib issue) and cracked a slide (that was factory replaced). Extractors are way long and like to be tweaked, they shoot brass for about 30 miles in all directions. Trigger can use some work, NashB has done that and likes the result.

Calibers that I and two freinds have shot from a witness:

45acp
                            10mm
                            40s&w
                            41AE
                            9x19
                            9x21
                            38 super

I know there are also variants in 9x25, that was popular for awhile, and 380 is rumored to be a barrel option too. 9x23 is run sometimes in 38 super rigs. I saw 357 sig barrels one time on CDNN, did nopt order in time.

Comment

I have done trigger work on all my witnesses and they shoot and work great. They are exceptionally accurate. I would buy another full frame witness in .45 if I found a good deal on one.

It gives me chills seeing you compare them to a Taurus though. As far as price point? I can see that, but quality just seems like blasphemy.

Last edited by CJ; 02-16-2013, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X