Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
    his hands were busy.
    EVERYBODY!

Have you heard.

If you're in the game.

Then strokes the word.

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
      LOL!! Miatas are good track cars. Automatic Miata though? Hmmmmm.....
      You know with the paddle shifters it should be fun on the track. Not to mention this one holds the gear longer than the last one. In other words when you down shift or nail it and it down shifts, it does not get in a hurry to upshift like my 07 did, until you have just coasted with no input for a few seconds. It will hold it also at whatever RPM until you shift it up while in manual mode. It has no issues down shifting either coming up on a corner. Not going to race it competitively, just some leisure track days.

Originally posted by KWClutch View Post
      Get RS3s for your next set of tires.
      You know after much research I couldn't decide so I just went with a good all around summer tire. I have pulled some pretty hard corners and have yet to break it loose.

On a side note, sway bars are in, and I believe I have successfully located every little part needed to slam this bitch together. I have so many damn projects going right now I am tempted to farm it out. A shop in Lewisville shot a me a really decent quote to knock it out, but I am picky. I usually find that I am way more meticulous when doing my own work. Tempting though, as they come well reccomended. I will decide this weekend. I did mount the SC oil reservoir and filter though!

Last edited by kingjason; 03-20-2015, 02:48 AM.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Is it the shop on valley ridge and 35? They always have like 10 miatas parked out front.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
          Is it the shop on valley ridge and 35? They always have like 10 miatas parked out front.
          Yeah like a paint less dent repair place. The owner had a pretty funny story about that when I inquired about his email address.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I got motivated and started this little project this week. Phase one is done, now I need to go swap out the fuel pump and injectors, then send my tuner a screen shot of the version of my PC. Maybe I will be rolling this weekend.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
              They go like halfway around the building now.
              2012 GT500

Comment

Finally done. Had I taken it to that guy he would have been cussing me. There was some working things out due to the kit being a tad different than the instructions. Finished the plumbing for the BOV tonight and put the new sways on. Ready to roll just waiting for my tuner to send me the base file. Did the fuel pump last night and that was a treat. Although I will say it is better than pulling a tank. Not a big fan of the two piece injector but we will see. Got to figure out a spot for gauges and then do a little audio and I am done. Well until I save my pennies and do some nice brakes and maybe some coil overs. We will see how I like the Club suspension with the upgraded sways. 4.5 hour job my ass. Although if I were to do it again I could probably do it in 12 hours or so. I think it took me around 18-20.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Tune, tune, tune, tune, hey what's that little mark. SOB my supercharger is coming apart at the nose. I was adjusting my SC belt and looked down as it was running and thought "that looks like a crack". Spit on it and it bubbled like crazy. Another one is forming on the next side also. Just as my tuner was getting it fine tuned in. What a pain in the ass. I will say doubling the HP makes these things lively.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

SC back, new belt system intact (factory was blowing belts), hoses all wrapped up, boost gauge going, smaller SC pulley (KW's big screw up) and we are off and running. About on my last tune also so she is getting close to being ready to daily drive. I could put this kit on in 5 hours probably now that I have pulled it twice. Since I had the proto with the bigger intercooler and piping, the SC was nosing down on the computer when it downshifted. Also the other SC out put was half a inch longer. Even the newer kits touch at that spot. I came up with a new plan.

Old, made hard contact at the elbow. I think downshifting sealed the deal.

New

Machined this piece out so it would not bust the belts.

Now I need some coil overs and I am done until I wear out the brakes. I know the stock brakes are up to Auto X duty but the new Hawk 5.0 set up with slotted rotors looks good.

Gorilla tape for now until I find a real low profile mount, or flatten out the bottom of the gauge some and double sided tape it. Ran like a champ the other day and my tuner added some more timing back into it this morning. Just waiting for the monsoon to clear. Probably going to switch the gauge to a AFR/Boost combo.

Last edited by kingjason; 05-23-2015, 10:42 PM.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

The more I see, the more I like.
                      sigpic

Comment

Blew my damn SC belt on my first run of the day. A combination of two slick surfaces and Rotrex SC oil caused it to slip I think. Notched both sides of that bad boy then cleaned it up with carb cleaner. Did some tuning runs tonight and was consistently hitting 10.5 pounds of boost plus. Still had bit of sputter in higher gears at about 6k but I am sure my tuner will sort that out. I think I can swap the SC belt in about 30 minutes now! Should be pushing around 250 at the wheels which is not bad for a light car. Car had about 127 with the auto from the factory. Really most of the time I drive around I am just cruising anyways and it runs out standing while doing that. Feels like a much bigger engine in it now. Just ready to get this SC nailed down good and then move on to suspension and be done.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Soooooo I was using the super duper all knowing tuning god for Mazda's. Yeahhhhhh well the other guy with a 13 Club auto like mine blew up his cat, wideband O2 sensor, etc etc. Same tuner. He switched tuners to a up and comer Jay at TDR racing in Florida. While I was sitting in limbo wondering what was wrong with mine, Jay was calling the other guy and texting him every day wanting data logs. So my guy has been sending me a tune every 2 to 5 days and they were getting worse. Other guys tuner tells him he will cut me a huge break but he wants to fix my tune. All I can say is the very first tune from Jay was better than any tunes from the other guy. It pegged redline with zero issues, just rolling through the gears. Holy shit that pisses me off that all this time the other tuner was just off. Yeah I got some codes on this run but I expected it some. I am sure I am pushing 250 plus at the wheels now. He is working on my tune right now.
                          Last edited by kingjason; 06-03-2015, 01:42 AM.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Any ideas on how stout that automatic is?
                            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                              Any ideas on how stout that automatic is?
                              Plenty of people running SC and autos with not to many issues. 250 at the wheels should be ideal. There was a 414 HP one that shit canned the tranny but I heard they were super rough on it. I think it is the same tranny from the BRZ and maybe the RX8. There is also a guy doing valve body upgrades on it. Should help longevity when you push 300 HP at the wheels and up. I have a really good transmission guy who already wants a crack at it. Lets hope it doesn't come to that for a while.

Tuner was working me to death. Maybe he fell a sleep! Car was running good but right away he noticed a issue and wanted pictures of my bay. Yeahhhhhhh my uhhh mass air sensor tube was in backwards. Since I got the ole proto with no instructions it was easy to do. We are on tune 5 I think and still no jerking like before. I see a little knock in it but he will get that tuned out. He is not really a fan of my sensor tube either.
                              Last edited by kingjason; 06-03-2015, 01:45 AM.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

My new tuner was a little pissy when he realized my MAF tube was to small. Also had me run air straighteners on both ends and I ordered better clamps. Funny I did a lot of research on air straighteners and really only a few people bitching, until the next engineer stepped in and set them straight. Seeing how all the KW dynos I see are jumpy I bet the bend the guys have before the MAF is causing the jump. We shall see how this goes. Looks better anyways. He had me running pretty good and drive able but wants things perfect before he will turn me loose to play a little.

Amazing to blow at this thing from any direction and te air go perfectly out the way it is pointed.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                                X