Anybody have Virtual Reality Goggles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have Virtual Reality Goggles?

I just picked up some merge VR goggles and I'm looking for some tips or game recommendations. Some of the first person shooter and war games seem pretty cool.

I got the free Gear VR with my S7. I mainly used it to watch netflix, it kind of sucks for games. I'd imagine with an actual controller though it'd be way better.

Comment

Have you experienced any dizziness from prolonged use?

Comment

Yes, usually when trying to navigate menus.

Comment

I've got an oculus, flight sims are amazing, racing games are pretty good too.
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
            I've got an oculus, flight sims are amazing, racing games are pretty good too.
            That's what I was going to recommend. Shits awesome.

Comment

Just picked up a pair for myself, any recommendations on a good game or two?
              So far, I've only downloaded free shit, no games, just stuff to check out VR. Netflix is pretty cool, but I'd rather watch on a big TV.

Have seen a few YouTube 360 videos too, pretty cool technology.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                Have you experienced any dizziness from prolonged use?
                As soon as the fighting got hot and heavy (about 5 min in) on Battlezone I had to yank the headset off

Comment

Originally posted by hxbernal View Post
                  As soon as the fighting got hot and heavy (about 5 min in) on Battlezone I had to yank the headset off

Any particular reason? Too realistic looking? I was thinking about getting an occulus
                  WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                    Any particular reason? Too realistic looking? I was thinking about getting an occulus
                    Too realistic looking? Definitely not but you quickly forget about that fact once your mission/adventure starts since its the only thing you here and see.

On Battlezone, since your in a tank going forward/backward with the Turret going round and round I lost my sense of balance.

Comment

Originally posted by hxbernal View Post
                      Too realistic looking? Definitely not but you quickly forget about that fact once your mission/adventure starts since its the only thing you here and see.

On Battlezone, since your in a tank going forward/backward with the Turret going round and round I lost my sense of balance.
                      You have to play drunk, to counterbalance that loss of balance feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                        This trick makes me want to get into gaming now lol.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                          Solid advice

Comment

Can't wait until it goes so far, that you're actually inside the game. Like that movie virtuosity or something.
                            WH

Comment

Once we see some 4k goggles I'll buy in. The lack of res is a little disappointing.
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                              X