No announcement yet.

AR15 Pistol/SBR, Silincer, Form 1, and reloading questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool! Thanks for clearing that up for me David.

Comment

So in researching my SBR choice, I'm thinking about going with a Sig MPX Pistol. Eventually I want to do an AR SBR but I think I want a 9mm SBR first. I was reading a review on the MPX and I was wondering what this meant?

The most popular and widely respected voice in America for your gun rights, breaking 2nd Amendment news, and everything else you need to know as a gun owner...

There’s also a NFA version for those who don’t want to engrave their MPXes, FYI.
      Any idea what this means?

I also came across Silencerco's Easy Trust website which had some good information. Haven't read through it all yet but will tonight.

Comment

I would assume it means they offer it in a factory SBR configuration. Short barrel with a stock already installed.

If you are willing to spend that kind of money why not an MP5?

Comment

Sig already offers the mpx in an sbr. So it would transfer on a form 4. If your form 1 and sbr you'll have to engrave it with your info on the gun. But the already sbr version will just be a factory gun with no engraving needed. For some people that means something.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
            I would assume it means they offer it in a factory SBR configuration. Short barrel with a stock already installed.

If you are willing to spend that kind of money why not an MP5?
            And what does an MP5 cost? That sounds a lot more expensive than SBR'ing the MPX.

Originally posted by David View Post
            Sig already offers the mpx in an sbr. So it would transfer on a form 4. If your form 1 and sbr you'll have to engrave it with your info on the gun. But the already sbr version will just be a factory gun with no engraving needed. For some people that means something.
            What happens when you want to sell it later and it's engraved? Going the form 4 route, do you do the paperwork before purchasing the gun? I'm assuming that's the case, I'll have to look that up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
              And what does an MP5 cost? That sounds a lot more expensive than SBR'ing the MPX.

What happens when you want to sell it later and it's engraved? Going the form 4 route, do you do the paperwork before purchasing the gun? I'm assuming that's the case, I'll have to look that up.
              An MP5 is going to be about $2k-$9k depending on many various routes you could go.

When you sell a gun you form 1 its engraved because you're the new maker and by law it has to be engraved with the mfg info. When you sell it, it transfers with the engraving and you listed as the manufacturer.

All paperwork whether a form 1 or 4 has to be completed and approved before making or possessing the items.

Comment

The MP5 will cost more. The MKE/Zenith guns seem like the best value right now. Kygunco had them for $1400 a few months back.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                  Trusts are done so that many people in the trust could all be in lawful possession of the items/property. They were also used to skirt the CLEO signature requirement. Now, they all fall in the same category of what has to be done to the individuals for ownership. Everyone or responsible person get finger printed, photographed, background checked etc. Trusts are still beneficial as a tool for the proper management of property within a family etc. However, if you don't have a family or the likes, they may not really benefit you (may have some asset protection for you personally).

Every new NFA item that you acquire requires new prints, photos, $200 tax, and forms submitted.
                  Hey David, can you possibly explain what's in bold further? I want to get this started soon and trying to figure out which route to go.

Comment

Hey David, can you possibly explain what's in bold further? I want to get this started soon and trying to figure out which route to go.
                    It means they can be utilized by your unworthy unwashed offspring via the trust. They (items) are assigned ownership in writing to the trustees, and beneficiaries, and avoid probate and other things. I also believe in the event a trustee dies you can avoid transfer fees and paperwork, provided you don't need to make any alterations on the form.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      It means they can be utilized by your unworthy unwashed offspring via the trust. They (items) are assigned ownership in writing to the trustees, and beneficiaries, and avoid probate and other things. I also believe in the event a trustee dies you can avoid transfer fees and paperwork, provided you don't need to make any alterations on the form.
                      Pretty much this.

Short answer is if you're single and never plan on marriage, no children, and no real assets you would also consider putting into your trust of only a couple NFA items, it's probably not the way to go. If you plan on a family, a trust will allow you to add other family members to also have possession of your item in the trust.

The biggest seller for trust was no CLEO signature, photos, or fingerprints. Now everyone in the trust has to do photos and fingerprints and there's not more LEO sig. So it's really up to you as if there's anything you'll really benefit from a trust as what they're typically created for.

Comment

Thanks CJ and David for clarifying that (again!) for me.

Comment

Couple of quick questions.
                          1. Where can I get fingerprinted?
                          2. If I have passport photos from a few years back, can I use them in lieu of getting new ones done? I look pretty much the same then as I do now.

Comment

Thinking about doing a CZ SBR.
                            Last edited by wickedblkgt; 03-09-2017, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Couple of quick questions.
                              1. Where can I get fingerprinted?
                              2. If I have passport photos from a few years back, can I use them in lieu of getting new ones done? I look pretty much the same then as I do now.
                              You can fingerprint yourself if you want. But most local LEO offices will do it for a fee.

Passport photos are suppose to be most recent of yourself, but how do they really ever know. Guess they could check Facebook.

Comment

I attempted to do the prints myself and thought they turned out looking like shit. Went to local PD and they look about the same. They also put the incorrect abbreviations for physical features and height. I will do them myself next time. You can do the passport photo yourself. They have the requirements for the photo online.

Comment

Working...
                                X