Followed me home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    Seems Farm Bureau won't insure it. I had them run the VIN and they said no. Dammit. I may register it as an antique and try that angle
    That's what I'm hoping the wife can finagle with the short bus. It's how I have the Bronco titled/plated (but with original '68 plates). I'll know on Monday when I task her with it. 5 year registration and no inspections, sign me up. Sure, I won't drive it anywhere but to car shows and road tests...
    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

I got her insured. Progressive demanded I go commercial so I called Gieco. It took 3 minutes and I wound up with full coverage and roadside assistance on her for $160 for 6 months. I'm not complaining. Now the problem I'm having is that the Fire Department I bought her from, didn't transfer the title from the previous EMS that they got her from so I'm having to do some leg work to get things handled. Fortunately, the FD is helping me out and making the connections for me.

I spent two hours peeling decals and only got one star of life and "Klondike" and FI off of one side on her rear and that's it. I also melted one scraper learning how to do it. I have feelers out for a front bumper replacement with brush guard and I discovered that there's a 4x4 kit for her.
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

what are your plans for it? maybe a converted rv

Comment

No idea yet. I'm letting it come to me. So far, Comic Con vehicle.

Comment

A lot of guys on Expedition Portal covet those to become campers. I wouldn't mind having one but would not mess with converting to 4x4. It would have to be to begin with.

Comment

I was over there looking at things and signed up though it's not letting me post for some reason. Oh well. I've spent about 4 hours peeling decals and still have a few left. It's slow going trying not to peel the paint as well. I just have to find smoke or amber light bar lenses or someone to do some horse trading with for some off road lights

Comment

I got her insured. Progressive demanded I go commercial so I called Gieco. It took 3 minutes and I wound up with full coverage and roadside assistance on her for $160 for 6 months. I'm not complaining.
                If you would have waited an additional 12 minutes, you could have saved a lot more.
                2015 Premium GT (50th Anniversary Package)
                2014 Lincoln MKT

Comment

Originally posted by BigTitan21 View Post
                  If you would have waited an additional 12 minutes, you could have saved a lot more.
                  #winningtheinternets

Comment

Okay, today I got the title in my name. That's a huge win because it involved going back 2 owners ago to get a title that hasn't been seen since 2001. She's not ready for the street yet but does anyone know anyone who wants an 85" red lightbar for mounted offroad lights?

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                      That's a 9000 series control head, but you'll have to find out what it's connected to before I can tell you what you have. There's likely a radio box on the outside of the ambulance box, or it could be installed in the back compartment behind a panel or in a shelf somewhere. May also be installed underneath one of the seats up front. If you find it lmk a part number, there's a chance it can be repurposed depending on what it is.
                      Any idea what this is?

Comment

Comment

I tinted the red light bar in front today. I'd love to trade it for yellow but ... no one seems to want to at the moment. At some point, I'll change it out for a light bar but she's 85" wide and those puppies get expensive at that width.

Comment

So, she's currently street legal with purple heart plates. The inspection place looked at me oddly and shook his head and the tax office asked what kind of truck it was. I reminded her of the hassle of a few weeks ago with it and so that's done.

Now to run her through the mechanic's to find out why the cruise and passenger door electric window isn't working and then it's off to be painted.

Comment

Any idea what this is?

Looks like the radio. Should be a coax going to the antenna and harness labeled control head should go to the dash mounted control head.

Comment

There's about 10 coax's running around and 2 antennas on the roof.

Comment

Working...
                                X