SBR Rules (flash hider?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBR Rules (flash hider?)

When looking at the 16 inch barrel rule for ARs, is an 11 inch barrel with a 5 inch flash hider considered illegal or does that count as a "barrel"?

The 5" flash hider would suffice, though it must be permanently attached to the barrel

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

In theory you could have a 1" bbl with a 15" 'flash hider' and it would be legal.

Makes a lot of sense doesn't it.
      G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
        In theory you could have a 1" bbl with a 15" 'flash hider' and it would be legal.

Makes a lot of sense doesn't it.
        The more I delve into the subject the less sense it makes....

Seriously, You can have something that "looks" like a stock, but if you bring it up to your shoulder in front of the wrong person you're screwed.

All the while the weapon hasn't changed AT ALL...

This, along with half of the other regulations on firearms and "assault weapons" make me either shake my head or lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
          The more I delve into the subject the less sense it makes....

Seriously, You can have something that "looks" like a stock, but if you bring it up to your shoulder in front of the wrong person you're screwed.

All the while the weapon hasn't changed AT ALL...

This, along with half of the other regulations on firearms and "assault weapons" make me either shake my head or lol...
          Yep, it's that stupid.
          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
          86 SVO - Sold
          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Welcome to the world of the atf. But since the actual barrel stops at the end of the threads/crown that's the barrel length especially since you can easily unscrew a flash hider. This they'd have to be permanent attachment.

Here this for more stupidity, 5-6 lowers, that started as 80% receivers and milled out, were seized by the atf for having an engraving of a circle in the location of where an auto sear pin would be located on an m16. Someone decided an engraving was a machine gun now. Even though it's a mere circular engraving not even as deep as most serial numbers etc are done at.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
              Welcome to the world of the atf. But since the actual barrel stops at the end of the threads/crown that's the barrel length especially since you can easily unscrew a flash hider. This they'd have to be permanent attachment.

Here this for more stupidity, 5-6 lowers, that started as 80% receivers and milled out, were seized by the atf for having an engraving of a circle in the location of where an auto sear pin would be located on an m16. Someone decided an engraving was a machine gun now. Even though it's a mere circular engraving not even as deep as most serial numbers etc are done at.
              And yet, I am not surprised.
              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Don't you love how shitbags will rat you out, just for the sake of ratting you out? Had a neighbor call the cops on another neighbor, just to make sure he had his permits for putting in a small wooden shed. It in no way affected the guy who called the cops. He just thought the guy may not of gotten his building permits. Far as I'm concerned such people are scum.
                WH

Comment

Theres an atf letter saying you can shoulder the brace/buffer tube. make a couple copies of it and keep it in you range bag and if anybody talks shit, hand them the letter and tell them fuck off

Comment

The legislation about short barreled arms is bullshit virtue signalling that has never once stopped a crime.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                    X