Top 5 performance cars under 20k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
    Me too. I think its the big displacement and high compression NA motor. Such a throwback to better times.
    I was sold when I drove Alexs. They're falling in price, and In about a year I'll find that cherry garage kept, old man driven, vette. With a fucking 427.

Check out Bane427 on IG. I cant look at that car enough.
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
      Shoot me the link to the 89 TTA, I'd like to check it out.

Its in Denver. Wish I could offer to go look at it for you this upcoming weekend when I'm in Pagosa Springs...but that's a long way of mountain driving in winter conditions. I could probably find out thru the Turbo Buick grapevine I'm in a few things or have someone else check it out. Unless you just want to go to Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
        https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5956977888.html

Its in Denver. Wish I could offer to go look at it for you this upcoming weekend when I'm in Pagosa Springs...but that's a long way of mountain driving in winter conditions. I could probably find out thru the Turbo Buick grapevine I'm in a few things or have someone else check it out. Unless you just want to go to Denver.
        Thanks man, I was more curious then anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
          Thanks man, I was more curious then anything.
          It looks like a nice car. I've debated over the years about getting a TTA and letting the Buick go...it would be the best of both worlds....great motor with incredible potential...and a competent chassis that actually handles like a sports car. The Buick is absolutely a somewhat modern 60's musclecar...it has power...in excess...but the suspension is not up to the task even when the motor was stock. It can run rings around just about any 60's musclecar..the brakes work good.....for a 60's era comparison...but an 89 TTA is an entire leap forward in chassis. Sure...it rattles and squeaks...that solid rear axle won't hold a candle to a modern IRS setup...but it will go around a track very fast...and when that boost hits....its like being strapped to a rocket. And that's stock.

Comment

You can get an LS powered rx7 for that range.

Comment

15-17 mustang gt.

Comment

just sold a 335i BMW for $7500.

put down 300/350 and would walk the dog on LS1 C5s from a highway roll. super easy to make 400+ on stock turbos, and handles like every other BMW.
                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post

put down 300/350 and would walk the dog on LS1 C5s from a highway roll. super easy to make 400+ on stock turbos, and handles like every other BMW.
                  My cousin had a 335I that supposedly put down 400RWHP. It was like he was standing still when we would go from a roll in my 425RWHP GT. Nice car's though.

Comment

what transmissions were in each car?

and I cant even lie, i am shopping for a c5 z06 and another bronco :/
                    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

what transmissions were in each car?

and I cant even lie, i am shopping for a c5 z06 and another bronco :/
                      Unsure which the 335I had - I know it was auto. I had the M6.

Also it should be noted we ran from about 20MPH which was definitely not in the 335I's powerband for those upgraded turbos.

Comment

So your heavier car made less power than a stock ls1 and would walk them

Tell me more

Comment

335 is really only good from 3rd gear/60ish from a roll. With that being said the C5's i walked on were autos, and i think i was able to get them out of their sweet spots, and with a little brake boosting it was a dog and pony show everytime.

cliffnotes: make the the race in your favor, cause the guy challenging thinks he has you covered.
                          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

On 3 makes a kit for the 335i. They put their new 61mm on an otherwise stock 335i auto and make 480rwhp on 93 octane.

Comment

there is an in car video on their website of the car doing a 40 to 120 and it happens FAST.

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                                So your heavier car made less power than a stock ls1 and would walk them

Tell me more
                                sure, were you around in the early 2000s when the LS1 came out. do you know the difference from a roll in a stock A4 car vs a stock M6 car?

That bimmer ran 3,000 RPM in 6th at 80mph. First gear would top out at 30ish. I could look up ratios, but I could show you better than I could tell you.

On the flipside I can show you an A4 4.8LS that will run out of your life, if you let it.
                                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Working...
                                X