Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of y'all able to verify someone's military service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of y'all able to verify someone's military service?

There's an employee of one of the companies I do service for that goes on and on about how much of a bad ass he was in the Marines. Trained in 100 different ways to kill bare handed, sniper from 1500 yards, yards yada. He also said that he was discharged because he had to be medivac'd out after being blown up with an ied. The guy doesn't have any physical damage that I can tell and we all think he's over exaggerating his service. I was able to find a news report about him being charged with a felony for pointing a firearm at people in a bar after he punched someone. I have a feeling that had more to do with him not being in the service anymore.
    Anyway, I'm curious of what his rank, was he honorably discharged, and what he actually did as a Marine. If anyone can verify any of it pm me. Only way I know of is to file foia forms and I'm not that concerned about it to actually put forth much effort.

I hope you do find out he's a fucking wannabe stolen valor type. I fucking HATE HATE HATE that shit.

Comment

The secret handshake and decoder ring

Comment

Tell him to break out his DD214 or shut his lying mouf...if you think he doesn't pass the sniff test.

Best way to get some like that is on the details. He says he was blown up by an ied. Ask him where and don't take Iraq or Afghanistan as an answer, but where. Ask him when. What day. Ask him where he went through sniper training and when did he become a HOG. If he looks at you stupid you'll know he full of shit. Ask to see his HOG's tooth.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
          Tell him to break out his DD214 or shut his lying mouf...if you think he doesn't pass the sniff test..
          This... You'd be surprised at what you can figure out from a DD-214

Comment

If it looks like, smells like, and most likely is...b.s.

I believe there are site you can enter his info and they will investigate him.
            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
            86 SVO - Sold
            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

There is usually some truth when people boast like that. You wouldn't be discharged for combat injuries though, you'd generally go through rehab and eventually be medically retired if you can't return to service.

Comment

Lingo is the easiest way catch someone. Just put him around another veteran and it'll be pretty damn obvious in just a few minutes how full of shit the guy is. You just cant fake the funk.

Like was stated before, just be like "hey was a dd214? can we see yours". Theres a plethora of information on that single sheet of paper.

I see this gross exaggeration of service often and it's always pretty disgusting. I've personally come to the conclusion that folk are just trying to fill a void. They feel bad for not doing enough, or not even doing something when their country needed them.
                DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

i know a few military bad asses and they are quiet, humble guys

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                    Lingo is the easiest way catch someone. Just put him around another veteran and it'll be pretty damn obvious in just a few minutes how full of shit the guy is. You just cant fake the funk.

Like was stated before, just be like "hey was a dd214? can we see yours". Theres a plethora of information on that single sheet of paper.

I see this gross exaggeration of service often and it's always pretty disgusting. I've personally come to the conclusion that folk are just trying to fill a void. They feel bad for not doing enough, or not even doing something when their country needed them.
                    Usually Air Force guys, they are the worst!

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                      Tell him to break out his DD214 or shut his lying mouf...if you think he doesn't pass the sniff test.

Best way to get some like that is on the details. He says he was blown up by an ied. Ask him where and don't take Iraq or Afghanistan as an answer, but where. Ask him when. What day. Ask him where he went through sniper training and when did he become a HOG. If he looks at you stupid you'll know he full of shit. Ask to see his HOG's tooth.
                      Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post

Both of these. The devil is in the details. From what I've seen, the bigger the exaggeration, the bigger the short-coming that it's covering up.
                      Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
                      This... You'd be surprised at what you can figure out from a DD-214
                      In so many cases, you don't have to get that far. I will say this, there is a LOT that isn't on mine.
                      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

DD214 or STFU. You ain't got it, you didn't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                          i know a few military bad asses and they are quiet, humble guys
                          This!

Just doing my job....

Comment

From the sounds of it I'd be willing to bet he joined and was either a boot drop out or had a low end job and is just trying to make himself look good. I doubt he's ever seen combat. You could ask to see his DD-214 but I doubt he'd ever show it. I'd ask about the HOG's tooth I doubt he'd know what your talking about. Or like said before ask where he was injured. If he really was he should be able to tell you the date time and place it happened cause I can assure you that is not something you'll ever forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X