Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of y'all able to verify someone's military service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
    Usually Air Force guys, they are the worst!
    Hey FUCK YOU

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
      Ask him where and don't take Iraq or Afghanistan as an answer, but where. Ask him when. What day. Ask him where he went through sniper training and when did he become a HOG. If he looks at you stupid you'll know he full of shit. Ask to see his HOG's tooth.
      THIS. You don't forget the day you get blown up. Once you get into the details it will be very easy to see who is full of shit.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
        Hey FUCK YOU
        Who me? I was in the Air Force...

Comment

Other than making a lier look like a dumbass for making shit up, I don't get these people who go through so much effort to call someone out that they start investigating shit. Not talking about the OP here, as he seems to be taking my approach on the subject, just saying in general all the youtube videos and shit you see. I don't really like the stolen valor act that much. Sure if they are lying to try to get stuff like benefits or a job it falls under fraud or falsifying records but that was already illegal. I support even stupid freedom of speech. You have the right to say dumb shit, and I also hate that veterans are one of the worst groups about becming a protected special interest. I served and the actions and hands out attitude of so many vets is irritating to me.

But yeah OP, if you want to catch him lying the lingo is the easiest.
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I hired a marine who listed no work restrictions in his inyerviews. After about 3 weeks we saw blood coming out of his shoe. It turned out he had lost most of his left foot in an ied explosion.

He never told us details, he never gave us any reasons. He just worked his ass off every day until he couldn't anymore

If it smells like a turd an looks like a turd it usually is a turd (referencing your guys bullshit stories)

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
              This... You'd be surprised at what you can figure out from a DD-214
              Wait, you're surprised that a form intending to summarize a service member's record actually provides a summary of a service member's record?

But yeah, like Helo said, there is a lot of information on the DD214, but there is also plenty that is not shown.

I usually just roll my eyes and ignore the 'war stories' that don't pass the sniff test. I may through out a "Wow, that's crazy!". lol

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                Who me? I was in the Air Force...
                my bad...I thought you were talking shit about the USAF. You're forgiven

Comment

Does he go by "Dutch" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
                    This... You'd be surprised at what you can figure out from a DD-214
                    I will say my DD214 doesn't include some of the places I've been. I was out processing from okinawa and when I brought it up it was a bunch of work on my end to get it fixed. Anyone who knows MPS knows how stupid they are.

All I cared about was getting out and getting home so I let it be. Obviously if it was something critical like getting injured I would have pushed for it. In my case it was just a deployment and a couple of decs

I have a guy like this at work. Been wanting to call him out in private since he won't shut theft fuck up and wears a service ribbon. I knew he was full of shit day one when he asked me if I ever jumped and how he was HALO certified, "you know high altitude low oxygen". Next thing you know he was EOD and combat diver. Just gets old. I don't have any desire to embarrass him but I do think it's disrespectful

Comment

Working...
                    X