• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So...how did it go? Good turn out?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
      So...how did it go? Good turn out?
      Not a good turn out at all but I figure the fall cruise will be much better.
      2015 Premium GT (50th Anniversary Package)
      2014 Lincoln MKT

Comment

I had a good nite,even with the air at nearly 4000 ft.and a slick track I was happy to run in the 7,s.

Comment

I saw jarhead tear up a nice Stang on the first pass of the nite...I destroyed a corvette,then raced doug hatton,nice meeting you..then I had a great race with a silver lightning p/u....he was on slicks and cut a1.67 sixty,with me on street tires I had to work to get around him,.91 to a .92... "
          Last edited by Racinreid1; 08-05-2012, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Finally started to figure out the car, time to start turning up the wick now that it goes straight,, thanks to Grant From FFI for figuring out the suspension.
            88 LX Coupe 444 Twin 88's
            Finally went down track!!

Comment

It was a good night for me, no broken parts and only a minor oil leak from the drivers side valve cover.

I had inconsisten launch rev limit problems that kept me from really turning it up very much. With the limiter set at 4400, there were a few passes that it saw 5200 when I let go of the button! (it run from 4400 to 5500 in a tenth or two!)

I'll have some video up later.

Randy, that car is sick!!

Comment

Good night for me. Went 8.52 getting closer to the .40s I want on factory 235 wide tire and bone stock. A little cooler weather and I think I will have it.
                Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Thanks Brooks, your car was getting it done. I hate that we wasted 4 passes with suspension problems but really excited to get it figured out. Last pass it was on a run but got really bad tire shake so got out of it. It had picked up a lot at the 330 and had over 200rpm more of driveshaft speed. Going to change few issues and stick new 275 tires on it. Thanks for organizing the race!!

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw88 View Post
                    Thanks Brooks, your car was getting it done. I hate that we wasted 4 passes with suspension problems but really excited to get it figured out. Last pass it was on a run but got really bad tire shake so got out of it. It had picked up a lot at the 330 and had over 200rpm more of driveshaft speed. Going to change few issues and stick new 275 tires on it. Thanks for organizing the race!!
                    Your car looked very nice and will haul ass when you start turning it up!
                    2004 Cobra
                    www.boostedgt.com
                    www.teamzmotorsports.net

Comment

• Originally posted by BoostedGT View Post
                      Your car looked very nice and will haul ass when you start turning it up!
                      Thanks been long time coming!

Comment

• Really upsetting times for me, really need to work to stop this tire spinning, and my reaction time :'(

Originally posted by DOHCTR
                        You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

• Made three passes...8.26,8.30,8.31 all at 88-89mph. The tune helped it pick up 4mph since my last track outing and that was in 59* temps, so I'm thinking with cooler air it'll pick up even more, so that's good. ET dropped .2-.3 over my previous best and again that was compared to much cooler air. All of those are positives. The main negative I had was that the new DR's really just keep me from spinning down the track, not leave any harder. My car has 3.15 gears and the stock converter and even on the DR's, my best 60' was a 2.02. I'm guessing that gears or converter is all that will help that... or a lot more power. I tried flashing it off idle, leaving with about 1500 rpms and leaving just below powerbraking rpms (around 2100 or so). All pretty much the same 60. The 1500rpm was the best, but only marginally.

Comment

• Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
                            Really upsetting times for me, really need to work to stop this tire spinning, and my reaction time :'(
                            Where u n the blue fox GT with huge chrome wheels? You need some DR or slicks son! That poor thing was white smoking like crazy. If you get some, I see some great launches in ur future.

Comment

• Was yours the blue coupe, Outlaw ?

Comment

• I made some embarrassing runs.
                                It happens
                                Blew a gasket
                                Last edited by robert; 08-11-2012, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X