Final TeX275 Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 67BADBIRD View Post
    My speedtech plate makes with 1 120 pill and one nos sol 250HP!!....Its rated at 500hp with two 120 pills and two solenoids.ps My fogger with cnc 355s made 500hp 1000 fpot with 36 pills!

It all depends on the camshaft and compression and head flow. I can take a engine with a mild camshaft and spray .036 jets and only get 280HP increase from Base. or I can change the cam to a Aggressive NOS cam and loose base HP and then see a 500 HP increase in total power.

Its all based on weather its setup for NItrous or not. Those .036 generally flow 300-350 across the board.

A 588 with dart 355 makes 1050 HP with a NOS camshaft it will see 320HP MAX increase Totaling 1370. HP add in the Badass Heads that Cost 8K and You can gain another 50 HP Totaling 1420 HP

SO do yall think a NOS car making an Average of 1400 HP @3250 is comparible to 1600 HP at 3400 I think not The GT4788 is a Definate advantage and in the right hands it will dominate this class.

JS
    sigpic

Comment

My speedtech plate makes with 1 120 pill and one nos sol 250HP!!....Its rated at 500hp with two 120 pills and two solenoids.ps My fogger with cnc 355s made 500hp 1000 fpot with 36 pills!
      I guess our speedtech plates are different then is all I can say.

Comment

Pat you act like you are going to race with your concerns about the rules. So are you going to race or are you just talking?

Comment

Originally posted by LSX121 View Post
          It all depends on the camshaft and compression and head flow. I can take a engine with a mild camshaft and spray .036 jets and only get 280HP increase from Base. or I can change the cam to a Aggressive NOS cam and loose base HP and then see a 500 HP increase in total power.

Its all based on weather its setup for NItrous or not. Those .036 generally flow 300-350 across the board.

A 588 with dart 355 makes 1050 HP with a NOS camshaft it will see 320HP MAX increase Totaling 1370. HP add in the Badass Heads that Cost 8K and You can gain another 50 HP Totaling 1420 HP

JS
          Precision website rating of gt4718-88
          HP Rating: 1,400

Straight from precision, so y'all running 1450hp at 3250, turbos at 1400hp at 3400, seems fair...

Comment

Originally posted by Booger View Post
            Precision website rating of gt4718-88
            HP Rating: 1,400

Straight from precision, so y'all running 1450hp at 3250, turbos at 1400hp at 3400, seems fair...
            Your an idiot if you believe that 5.03 @ 143 mph@3300 = alot more than 1400HP LOL (Precision under rates there turbos for a Advantage)

I ran a car with 1240 hp at the wheel so around 1500 Flywheel with a F2R Blower at 3250 and it ran 5.16 @138 it takes 1600 HP to run 5.0's @3300 sorry

also ran the old 88mm @3450lbs and ran 5.24 @139 in 2008 at Texas true ten5 SO dont play that bullshit....

JS
            sigpic

Comment

People that arent in the class should have no say anyway. Come run with us and then speak up.

JS
              sigpic

Comment

Search Chad Branson he runs X275 with a Dodge Dart with A SBF and a true 88mm and a borgwarner at that. runs 4.99 @145 at weight if he can do it yall should be able too.
                sigpic

Comment

Here you go 5.03 ET at 3300lbs. and that was with a crappy 60ft

I can go 4.90,s all day long with that turbo at 3400. Its capable of 1650HP at the Flywheel.. Like I said yall want a fast class let that turbo in and see what happens.

JS

Like I said this Limited class needs to be Limited to a 80mm and a .036 Jet both it will level the class to 5.0 - 5.50 and the people who test and figure the combo out will be front runners it will also give the combos that have been sitting in the garage a chance to come out and compete and have a chance to win.
                  Where did you get 1650hp? I thought this was ironed out in the other thread when Derek and Boosted both called and asked their opinions on what turbos should be ran?

So your saying you can go .90s all day @3400, when in the other Tex275 thread you said you went 5.24@3350 with a 98/88?

Then you posted that YOUR ideas of the weighs should be .....
                  (directly quoted from LSX121)
                  I vote for .44 Jet 3250 LBS this combo will go 144-146 will have to Go 1.16-1.20 60 ft to be competitive
                  98/88 3350 This Combo should Go Mid 144-146 mph
                  GT47-88 3200 This Combo should Go Mid 142-145 mph but will improve 60 ft with less weight
                  80mm 3150 139-143 mph
                  76mm 3100 136-142 mph maybe more with tuning

Then Derek posts that he calls Precision and they tell him that a 98/88(a turbo that will make 1600plus hp) in the right hands will go .70s at 3300, but now all the sudden a gt47 (rated at 1400hp per Precision's website)can go .90s at 3400? That math don't add up.

For some reason the math, assumptions and stories change.

Typical....

I'm not trying to start a bunch of shit, just trying to figure out why people are changing their minds on the rules that everyone pretty much agreed on in the first few pages of the other Tex275 thread.

Comment

Originally posted by 582nova View Post
                    Pat you act like you are going to race with your concerns about the rules. So are you going to race or are you just talking?
                    I think I will come out and give it a try next year.

Comment

Search Chad Branson he runs X275 with a Dodge Dart with A SBF and a true 88mm and a borgwarner at that. runs 4.99 @145 at weight if he can do it yall should be able too.
                      That was with a S500

Comment

I think I will come out and give it a try next year.
                        Good to hear.

Comment

Here you go 5.03 ET at 3300lbs. and that was with a crappy 60ft

I can go 4.90,s all day long with that turbo at 3400. Its capable of 1650HP at the Flywheel.. Like I said yall want a fast class let that turbo in and see what happens.

JS

Like I said this Limited class needs to be Limited to a 80mm and a .036 Jet both it will level the class to 5.0 - 5.50 and the people who test and figure the combo out will be front runners it will also give the combos that have been sitting in the garage a chance to come out and compete and have a chance to win.

So what combo are you running in this class? Nitrous or Turbo?

You mentioned selling your motor at the rules meeting. Did that ever happen or are you going turbo?

Comment

So his turbo is legal then!!! Thks

Comment

U the man john, u've done it all, run it all!! No point in even racing, u just tell us all how we will end up at the end of the night, save us the time and fuel going and competing...

The rest of us just idiots so tell us how we gonna run... Do try to get the right turbos before u flap them gums though...

Comment

Originally posted by Booger View Post
                                U the man john, u've done it all, run it all!! No point in even racing, u just tell us all how we will end up at the end of the night, save us the time and fuel going and competing...

The rest of us just idiots so tell us how we gonna run... Do try to get the right turbos before u flap them gums though...

Glad you see what I see thx Results speak for themselves.

JS
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X