No announcement yet.

Dallas officer kills man after mistaking his apartment for her own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bros. cannot wait. maybe even write a song...

Comment

• Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
      Personally I think this is just a totally fucked up situation. There is nothing DPD can do to minimize the situation given the current racially charged environment we are dealing with. All the evidence thus far leads to this being a terrible accident..nothing more...nothing less. The race baiters jumped on this shit before the blood could even stop dripping...this is the perfect opportunity...and it had nothing to do with race, gender, time of day, cycles of the moon...etc.....It was an accident. Sadly it was an accident that cost an innocent man his life. Yes...I think the off-duty cop was a bit quick to shoot...but I wasn't there...in her shoes...facing a person in the darkness of what she thought was her apartment...for all she knew he had a gun pointed at her ready to fire. Should she suffer for the rest of her life for this...no I don't think so...again it was a terrible accident...just like all the traffic accidents that occur daily all around our country that cost people their lives. Sometimes the perfect storm occurs and things happen. I hate that he died...I hate it anytime somebody gets killed in a situation like this...but I think it's been blown completely out of proportion by the race baiting media...it was an accident...that is it.
      You just defined manslaughter. Which is what she better get her ticket to jail for. Anything less is a huge injustice.

Comment

• Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
        What I would find odd is why the door wasn't bolted/chained with a secondary lock the way most people do at night, especially in an apartment complex.
        Indeed I would find that quite odd as well. Had he shut it and locked it, he may still be alive. As she may have realized it even in her stupor.

Either way I still say it justifies public hanging if found guilty of the deed in a fair trial. Fuck all this manslaughter shit. You went into someone else's apartment and gunned him down. IDGAF if you thought it was yours. Too bad. Try harder next time. Rather, the others will see your bad end and try harder next time.

An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

WH

Comment

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
          We can only hope.
          Why would you say that?

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
          Walking through the wrong door was an accident, pulling the trigger was a deliberate act. Let's not forget that she murdered an innocent man in his own home after entering it illegally. If you disagree with my assessment of it being murder you should look at his death certificate once it hits the books for viewing. FYI, people that get the needle in Huntsville have murder listed on their death certificate also.
          For the most part, I agree with you. I'm just not clear on understanding the differences between murder and manslaughter. To me, murder means that it was premeditated. Manslaughter means that there was negligence.

Regarding the death certificate part, I had to look it up and this is what I found.

Answer (1 of 4): Here is the relevant portion of Ted Bundy’s death certificate. When a person is executed by the state, the manner of death is homicide.

So not murder but homicide.

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
          I'm gonna disagree. (and this may sound stupid)... While Dallas has "the hood' in certain areas of town, its nothing like Chicago or Baltimore. Those towns have very densely populated areas with a lot of people in a small area. I also think Dallas folks are a little more chilled out as well. Dallas has had some problems, but nothing like those other cities. So , you may have some protests, but there won't be a huge "riot".. I could be wrong though.
          I hope you are right. But I do see increased violence occurring because of this, maybe black on white hate crimes.

Comment

• So the police thought it would be a good idea to get warrant and search the victims apartment. I wonder if they searched the officers apartment?

An attorney for the family of a man shot dead by a police officer in the man's own apartment said a police affidavit shows investigators immediately sought evidence to discredit the victim. "They immediately began looking to smear him," said Lee Merritt, who represents the family of Botham Jean, who was shot dead in his own Dallas apartment Sept. 6.

Officer Amber Guyger, who shot him, said she mistook his apartment for her own and thought he was an intruder.

Family to Dallas officer who shot son in his apartment: "Come clean" about night of deadly shooting
            A police affidavit shows that officers seized, among other items, 10.4 grams of marijuana and a marijuana grinder from Jean's apartment. Merritt said the search warrant showed investigators were immediately looking for drug paraphernalia, CBS Dallas / Fort Worth reports.

Guyger is charged with manslaughter and remains free on $300,000 bond.

Meantime, friends and family gathered for Jean's funeral Thursday Hundreds of people filed in to the service honoring the 26-year-old's life and legacy.

Scattered among the group of well-wishers was Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings, Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins, Bishop T.D. Jakes and Dallas Police Chief U. Renee Hall.

Hamilton Landrum opened the service with a congregational song and then Michael Griffin, minister at the Singing Hills of Church of Christ, gave the welcome.

Griffin joked about not being able to pronounce Botham's name and then quickly turned to comments about the young man's character, saying he was "a light in a dark room" who truly loved God.

Griffin said the group should, "Celebrate the life of this young man. Celebrate the fact that God gave the world this young, energetic, smart, educated, talented, young man of God."

Comment

• Originally posted by cyclonescott View Post
              So the police thought it would be a good idea to get warrant and search the victims apartment. I wonder if they searched the officers apartment?
              That is interesting, since who cares if he was in there stoned, high, drunk and strung out. Unless they are looking for a "She is a hero and stopped a crime" angle.

Which if I remember right - she admitted to screwing up. I think some have some sympathy for the woman, but only as far as it would go for an everyday citizen who made the same mistake. Maybe less due to her being a cop and "trained" better than us deplorables.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

So the police thought it would be a good idea to get warrant and search the victims apartment. I wonder if they searched the officers apartment?
                Well, since the dead guy was unable to give consent and it was a murder scene, they HAD to get a warrant to search for evidence of the crime (shooting).. And since the marijuana was apparently in plain view (and still illegal in Texas) they had 2 choices, destroy it (not a good plan) or collect it and log it in (thus it had to be recorded on the search warrant return).. The press filed FOIA requests for the warrant and published what was logged in as evidence (thus the marijuana)..
                They also said other warrants were issued and still sealed. Im guess they are warrants for HER blood, HER phone, as well as his electronic devices.. But thats pure speculation on my part.
                There is no reason to search the officers apartment. the crime did not occur there. Now, if she had run back to her apartment after shooting the guy, yeah, they would have been getting one for her apartment.

Comment

• Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                  Well, since the dead guy was unable to give consent and it was a murder scene, they HAD to get a warrant to search for evidence of the crime (shooting).. And since the marijuana was apparently in plain view (and still illegal in Texas) they had 2 choices, destroy it (not a good plan) or collect it and log it in (thus it had to be recorded on the search warrant return).. The press filed FOIA requests for the warrant and published what was logged in as evidence (thus the marijuana)..
                  They also said other warrants were issued and still sealed. Im guess they are warrants for HER blood, HER phone, as well as his electronic devices.. But thats pure speculation on my part.
                  There is no reason to search the officers apartment. the crime did not occur there. Now, if she had run back to her apartment after shooting the guy, yeah, they would have been getting one for her apartment.
                  Stop with the common sense and logic. It's not popular or really allowed in this thread....

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                    Why would you say that?

For the most part, I agree with you. I'm just not clear on understanding the differences between murder and manslaughter. To me, murder means that it was premeditated. Manslaughter means that there was negligence.

Regarding the death certificate part, I had to look it up and this is what I found.

Answer (1 of 4): Here is the relevant portion of Ted Bundy’s death certificate. When a person is executed by the state, the manner of death is homicide.

So not murder but homicide.
                    To answer your first question, because I enjoy violence and mayhem.

You are obviously correct, I mistakenly used the two words interchangeably.

The difference between manslaughter and murder in Texas is intent. The act itself can be the same.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                      Did kid yourself. If the situation was reversed and he had mistakenly entered her apartment and shot her the police would have searched his apartment even though it wasn't the crime seen.

Comment

Griffin joked about not being able to pronounce Botham's name and then quickly turned to comments about the young man's character, saying he was "a light in a dark room" who truly loved God."
                        If he truly was a light in a dark room she would have noticed it wasn't here apartment and not shot him instead of just seeing a shadowy figure, so which is it? Poor choice of words.
                        Originally posted by Marisa
                        we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

• The tags

Whoever wrote "you fucking naysayers", you're a funny guy. That one made me laugh pretty good.
                          WH

Comment

• A group of "activist" blocked I30 for a period of time last night. Looks like the game is a foot, especially is she doesn't get fired or receives a soft sentence on the manslaughter charge.

Comment

• Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                              A group of "activist" blocked I30 for a period of time last night. Looks like the game is a foot, especially is she doesn't get fired or receives a soft sentence on the manslaughter charge.
                              I guess they didn't bother to protest for the FTW officer killed by the 3 career criminals.

Comment

• Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                                I guess they didn't bother to protest for the FTW officer killed by the 3 career criminals.
                                Did they come into his house and kill him?

Then not get arrested even though they had evidence of the crime?

Because if this is true , then yes we should all be just as concerned.
                                Last edited by mustang_revival; 09-17-2018, 11:08 AM.
                                WRX

Comment

Working...
                                X