Election 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
    I guess a game just doesn't mean as much to me.
    You're attempting to put words in my mouth, that I never said. Nothing new, I suppose.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• I'm watching fox 4 and the camera keeps panning across the audience. All the while people have this FML look on their face and the black people are dancing and waving their flags around. Comical
      03 cobra

Comment

• Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
        Im in such shock. Its like no one noticed the shit storm we have been in the past 4 years. Its confusing there are so many stupid people out there.

On a side note, I cannot see me being in business for myself another year under Obama. I had a good run, 7 years last month. I guess Ill start looking for a job in a few months
        There was a time (not too long ago) that this would have upset me as well. Now I just feel sorry for others.

Prepare for any scenario.

Comment

• Ohio within 10k votes still. Called to soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            You're attempting to put words in my mouth, that I never said. Nothing new, I suppose.
            No, I said I guess a game means more to you than it does to me.

Comment

• damn...popular vote is split right down the middle currently.
              49,155,792 - Obama
              49,192,509 - Romney

I understand the Electoral college, but damn...it's a love-hate relationship.
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• Originally posted by grabberblue_11 View Post
                Ohio within 10k votes still. Called to soon?
                Nope. Don't beat yourself up any more over this. It's over.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                  damn...popular vote is split right down the middle currently.
                  49,155,792 - Obama
                  49,192,509 - Romney

I understand the Electoral college, but damn...it's a love-hate relationship.
                  The electoral college still works. We may not like it, but it does work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                    The electoral college still works. We may not like it, but it does work.
                    This.

We don't have the right to bitch. This won't be the first time the popular vote didn't meant shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      This.

We don't have the right to bitch. This won't be the first time the popular vote didn't meant shit.
                      Gore took it in 2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by brandon01rt View Post
                        I'm watching fox 4 and the camera keeps panning across the audience. All the while people have this FML look on their face and the black people are dancing and waving their flags around. Comical
                        Last edited by brandon01rt; 11-06-2012, 11:45 PM.
                        03 cobra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          I work for a mid sized business. This could be a game changer for us.
                          In all reality, I'm sure it will be for us as well. 27 employees. $100-120 million a year in sales (2008 was our best year yet, all downhill since, been steady this year, though not back where we were). The transfer of ownership begins in June. I see some layoffs happening later this year. Very unfortunate. 3 of those employees were just hired over the last 8 months. I'm not worried in the least about my job. I'm revenue, and overhead tends to be what gets cut. But I've got some serious soul searching and analyzing to do. I know what it takes to run our company overhead wise. I know what each revenue generator has to bring in to keep it all going. With added business taxes, added healthcare costs, and commission percentages for the company continuing to get cut, I just don't see any way for us to remain profitable enough to buy out the current owners. I will say, however... The value of the company just dropped. Which is a good thing, because IMO it was slightly overvalued to begin with.

But I've got plenty of options, and there's no sense in making a drastic emotional decision. I know I can take care of myself, and my family, regardless of the crooks in DC.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

In all reality, I'm sure it will be for us as well. 27 employees. $100-120 million a year in sales (2008 was our best year yet, all downhill since, been steady this year, though not back where we were). The transfer of ownership begins in June. I see some layoffs happening later this year. Very unfortunate. 3 of those employees were just hired over the last 8 months. I'm not worried in the least about my job. I'm revenue, and overhead tends to be what gets cut. But I've got some serious soul searching and analyzing to do. I know what it takes to run our company overhead wise. I know what each revenue generator has to bring in to keep it all going. With added business taxes, added healthcare costs, and commission percentages for the company continuing to get cut, I just don't see any way for us to remain profitable enough to buy out the current owners. I will say, however... The value of the company just dropped. Which is a good thing, because IMO it was slightly overvalued to begin with.

But I've got plenty of options, and there's no sense in making a drastic emotional decision. I know I can take care of myself, and my family, regardless of the crooks in DC.

If it was contextually overvalued to begin with and the value drops because of a macro shock, it's still going to be overvalued.

Comment

We've had this discussion before. You and I are in similar situations in our respective industries. I'm not neccesarily concerned about my job, or ability to generate revenue. I'm concerned about the people around me, and the positions they are in. If cuts come I'll still be in the same position I was in yesterday. It's just the workload that changes when I'm doing multiple jobs to cover the slack.

Comment

• While voting is the one true freedom we all have, it really fucking sucks sometimes. We will reap what we have sewn as a nation. This might just be the end of the conservative movement as we know it. There is (likely) no coming back from this.
                                How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Working...
                                X