X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here for the free innernets

Comment

• Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
      You know exactly what I mean. Government took over healthcare by lying out of their ass, then took something that was working well, but needed some fine tuning, and fucked it up so now prices are going up fast and services will suffer if they haven't already. This internet takeover will have the same kind of result. They are lying about intentions. Soon the service will go to shit because they want it to, or they will severely over regulate it, then prices will go up. We are going to see a bunch of rules soon that make no sense, alot of spending and budget increases, and probably some stupid bills from congress we did not need. Just watch.
      The FCC has already stated it will forebear price influence from Title II regarding the ISPs. Now, given that could be changed, at current state you can't make any of the claims you are making. And stupid bills are always a possibility from Congress, we've seen quite a few already, again, it doesn't have bearing on this decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        Are you sure that is because of Comcast or is because you live in the middle of nowhere and they are the only provider?

My biggest problem with all this is the idea that competition is some magic fix for what ails people with shitty internet. If you want to see how competition doesn't always fix things, just look at electricity here in Texas. Opening that up for competition just made it a more expensive mess. We pay the second highest price in the nation for electricity thanks to people shouting "competition" from the rooftops.
        I don't see how you can compare the two. Internet has never been price regulated like electricity was and still pseudo is in Texas. You can't expect the same effects.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post
          I'm pretty sure being in plano, and one street over from being in dallas, excludes my "middle of nowhere" status.

One street over, coworker gets fios 50/50 at less than what I pay.

Is everyone really forgetting the throttling verizon was doing with netflix already? I know people HERE, IN DALLAS/PLANO, who were affected by this. Same thing also happened with Time Warner here in Plano. This is meant to stop them from doing that, among other things.
          Funny, I live in the same area and this all sounds like bullshit. You saw my rate above. I have FIOS and at least two providers to choose from, one of whom sucks donkey balls.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by exlude View Post
            I don't see how you can compare the two. Internet has never been price regulated like electricity was and still pseudo is in Texas. You can't expect the same effects.
            They just gave themselves the power to regulate it. I'm not sure how you can sit there and tell anyone what to expect.
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Al Gore gonna be elected Czar of Interwebs?

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                Al Gore gonna be elected Czar of Interwebs?
                Fuck. That actually makes a lot of sense with this administration.
                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

They just gave themselves the power to regulate it. I'm not sure how you can sit there and tell anyone what to expect.
                  I lol'd

Comment

• question, if prices go up and content is throttled or censored further, who will you people blame?

I know the answer, most everyone for this FCC power grab will blame the Internet providers, sane people will blame the government.
                    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Given the forbearances haven't been finalized and won't be for another couple of months, but the FCC very specifically did NOT give themselves the power to regulate pricing.

And, uh, you're telling everyone what to expect, not me.

Comment

• Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                        question, if prices go up and content is throttled or censored further, who will you people blame?

I know the answer, most everyone for this FCC power grab will blame the Internet providers, sane people will blame the government.
                        When prices went up and content was throttled, who did you blame in the past?

Comment

When prices went up and content was throttled, who did you blame in the past?
                          It's those damned jiggboos!

Comment

Funny, I live in the same area and this all sounds like bullshit. You saw my rate above. I have FIOS and at least two providers to choose from, one of whom sucks donkey balls.
                            Yes, i'm lying about my provider choices. You got me. I'm busted. Oh noes.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Dial-up FTW

Comment

It's entertaining, that's about it.
                                That's the only reason I do it.

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                                The anger that you are exhibiting towards Comcast is what has been used to make you believe that this is about making things "Fair".
                                Hook, line, and sinker. What's that old saying about a sucker born every minute? Ah, fairness. That old government mainstay. Its served their ends very well for a long time now.

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                                Quoted for posterity. Just watch. Of course when this comes to pass the liberals will ignore the results, all they care about are the intentions.
                                Not to mention they're constitutionally incapable of looking at history. Or if they look at it, they're constitutionally incapable of understanding that it repeats at any given opportunity. Thus, the government is indeed looking to stick its big long D right up their A. But intentions! Intentions! Good intentions!! The road to their distopia is paved with them.
                                WH

Comment

Working...
                                X