Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

60 gallon air compressor - where to install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 gallon air compressor - where to install?

Post 11/2017 divorce, I've been in a duplex with all of my stuff jammed in tight, about to buy a home (ex wife got our home & furnishings) and I've since acquired a large compressor. The garage is a standard size 2 car garage. Should I build a housing for this compressor and bolt it to a concrete pad outside of the garage, or install it in the garage? I'd rather have it outside the garage, I think.
    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Mine is still on the wood pallet in my garage
    "PSH!!!"

Comment

If you have neighbors, mount that thing in the garage. I'd make a closet for it if you're going to use it alot.
      Though the best place is outside with a ventilated shed, invest in a decent water trap/separator.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Just give it to me so you don't have to worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
          lol.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
            ditto.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              ditto.
              x2
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I put mine in the corner right by the garage door since that wall is really not very useful for anything else.

Comment

Mine was in the garage, bolted directly to the concrete with an SBC valve spring under each foot. Wasn't too noisy. I've since relocated it to a small add on the back of the garage and ran copper pipe inside.

Comment

Leave inside or your neighbors will be irritated. I have mine in my storage barn about 20’ from my shop area. I don’t hear it at all.

CN

Comment

Working...
                    X