No announcement yet.

Crossfit Open 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like watching all the crossfit fails on YouTube.
    07 GT500
    05 SRT10
    88 turbocoupe T-bird
    93 Cobra
    86 coupe
    Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
      So conventional body builders look down on cross fitters?
      I think Ruff surmised it pretty well, it's not crossfitters in general, or the program. It's the large subset of them that seem to be more into the label than the actual workout, and seem to think that crossfitting somehow elevates them from couch potato into some sort of upper echelon of fitness fanatics, merely by claiming that they crossfit.

Getting into shape is nothing new or special, it's something that we can all benefit from, regardless of the path we choose. It's the lack of humility that gets annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
        Redid my 15.1-1A

133 reps and 250 on the weight. Top 1500 on the lift in the region. Yeah buddy!

Nice work!

I redid mine as well. 213 scaled with 160 C&J
        I'm satisfied with that.

Comment

Repeat of 14.2

10 OH Squats at 95lbs for men and 65lbs for women
          10 Chest to Bar pullups

x 2....in three minutes

If you comeplete this the next round is 12 and 12 x 2

...every round you increase your reps by two.

Rock n roll
          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

7 Ring Muscle Ups
            50 Wall-balls
            100 Double Unders

Can't do muscle ups so not sure if I'll attempt this. Maybe scaled, but probably not until Wednesday which is kinda a fuck around day for me. Good at double unders. Hate wall balls. We'll see. Good luck to others that try.

Comment

Did 182 scaled on 15.2

754 on 15.3 scaled as well. I'm going to try again Monday to get into the 800's. I think I can speed up my jump rope a bit.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by 94mstng94 View Post
                Did 182 scaled on 15.2

754 on 15.3 scaled as well. I'm going to try again Monday to get into the 800's. I think I can speed up my jump rope a bit.

Good luck!
                Goddamn! Nice! How did you scale it?

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                  Goddamn! Nice! How did you scale it?

As sore as I still am today, I may go with RX and try for a muscle up or two just to recover!

Comment

I finally got my muscle-ups and managed 159 RX! The ripped hand is so worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by 94mstng94 View Post
                      I finally got my muscle-ups and managed 159 RX! The ripped hand is so worth it!
                      Congrats dude!

Comment

Regionals is getting close. Can't wait to scope out some "gently used" equipment when they finish up.
                        www.crossfit.com

Comment

Did anyone else go watch regionals this weekend?

Comment

I went Sunday. It was a good show in more ways than one!

Comment

It was pretty cool to watch... especially seeing Camille beat the shit out of people.

One of my wife's friends finished #20 in the South region

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                                Cross fit gets a bad rep because at least 25% of the people are massively annoying about it. There's an arrogance about the workouts as if they're supreme workouts... But its mostly because those annoying 25% have never been in great shape from the other programs out there. Furthermore...all of the early cross fit completely ignored form and encouraged reps over good form.

It is a good workout, and very tough...but damn it has some annoying people. Its like a church youth group in a gym with too much preworkout. No conventional lifters talk so much about it with silly terms.

But I'm all for people being in shape so if it works...keep at it. Just dont tell me about it.

Guy at work wanted to do a groupon from Love Field CF. I thought about it for awhile then changed my mind. I cant get passed the unbalanced form when doing the workouts . Its great that some people get fit from it but who cant get fit from repeated repetition. It's like build builder working out for 5 hours.
                                Well, I went to a buddies house the other day to workout with him for the first. ( he did cross fit for about a year ) after a few workout I could tell I was right about not wanting to go do CF. I rather keep a good form. To bad

Comment

Working...
                                X