No announcement yet.

Is Texas real estate slowing down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant speak for all of the metroplex, but Dallas, Richardson, and Plano is hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
      Shit is sitting on the market forever up here in Plano.
      I have seen several clients homes in Plano (75023, 75075, 75093) sell in a few hours for more then the asking price in the past 5 months.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        Shit is sitting on the market forever up here in Plano
        Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        From what Im seeing, sub 250k is hot, 250-350 is pretty stagnant, though Im looking at a very select area. The house 2 down from me sold in 3 days at 245k.
        The sweet spot is $150,000-275,000. Over and under that range are selling the same as they usually do.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
          I have seen several clients homes in Plano (75023, 75075, 75093) sell in a few hours for more then the asking price in the past 5 months.
          Yes and I can name five that have been on the market for over 90 days. Another that was listed at $550K, reduced to $530K, pulled then relisted at $499K where it has sat again for 60 days. There is another that sat for four months at $510K and then was pulled permanently.

Point being, the market is far from a feeding frenzy, despite what realtors would have everyone believe. I have never seen a residential who would admit a market was shit.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

who wants to pay $500k for a 20 year old house, when you can have a new Tole Bros house built for the same price/sf?

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
              who wants to pay $500k for a 20 year old house, when you can have a new Tole Bros house built for the same price/sf?
              Toll
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Van Alstyne seems to be growing, wish everyone would stay away.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                  Toll
                  correct, my sister just bought one.

Comment

The east Fort Worth 'hood is doing well. My neighbors just sold their house over asking. They got $20/sf more than I paid this time last year, and I also paid over asking price.
                    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

A huge amount of this activity is driven by foreign money. It will be interesting when the money flows the opposite direction.
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

Frisco is still doing "ok" from the houses for sale that I've seen. I think too many are greedy and are asking way too much for their houses, hence the stagnant sales. If it's priced right, it goes fairly quickly.

As much as it pains me to agree with Rodney, realtors have told me the same thing when I was thinking of selling and cashing out for a bit.... Wait until the Plano companies relo + Jerryville, and you can add other 20% to your price when 50k+ people all want to move here at once.

Comment

It hurts so good, dont it!

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                            Frisco is still doing "ok" from the houses for sale that I've seen. I think too many are greedy and are asking way too much for their houses, hence the stagnant sales. If it's priced right, it goes fairly quickly.

As much as it pains me to agree with Rodney, realtors have told me the same thing when I was thinking of selling and cashing out for a bit.... Wait until the Plano companies relo + Jerryville, and you can add other 20% to your price when 50k+ people all want to move here at once.
                            My only problem with that idea is the amount of empty land on the north and east sides of Frisco. Also on Plano parkway going out towards The Colony. Much of that can be rezoned as residential. I am thinking that much of that price increase is already baked in because new houses will act as a cap and keep the market from going higher.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                              Van Alstyne seems to be growing, wish everyone would stay away.
                              Same with Caddo Mills...

Comment

In my neighborhood (the only thing I bother to pay attention to) they seem to sit for about 2 months. But I'm in cleburne, nothing to see here.
                                WH

Comment

Working...
                                X