07 Sierra stock radio problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 07 Sierra stock radio problem...

I have an 07 Sierra, stock radio, non-navigation. For some reason, while I'm driving, it will occasionally cut out. I mean I'll be listening to a station, then it cuts to a whine/whistle. Sometimes, it will come back if I press the preset button again, sometimes it won't, so I don't know if that's actually helping. It does this on clear days, over cast days...doesn't matter. Sometimes it'll do it with every preset button to the point I just turn it off. It can go weeks with not issues and then all of the sudden it does it. Is this something with the head unit or just losing the air signal to the stereo?

I've thought about upgrading, especially since I've already upgraded the door speakers with Alpine 6 1/2"s but I really like the simplicity of the stock radio. I don't have steering controls or Bluetooth so that's also kept me from upgrading.

EW...what kind of deals do you have going on? I don't need dvd. Nav would be nice but I think the price for that jumps up considerably. Just a good radio with bluetooth.
    Last edited by GeorgeG.; 02-11-2017, 01:16 AM.

Bose?
    Do you need to retain OnStar?

Comment

Not Bose and no On Star. I can't say how long I'll keep this truck so maybe something that will allow me to add a sub later.

By the way, the issue I described above, is that something with the radio? I don't want to buy a new radio and have the same problem. I'm just not sure of it has to do with the area I drive.

Anyone else experience this? I'm usually going up and down Hwy 75 from Allen to Sherman and around.

Comment

Sounds like radio to me. There should not be an amp if not Bose.
        I forgot to ask if you have XM (or wanted it) or had steering wheel audio controls.

Single DIN Alpine w/ Bluetooth/USB/AUX input (I have one with CD and one without. The one without has better audio tuning functions.)
        Dash Kit
        Basic data interface/harness
        Antenna adapter
        Labor
        Tax
        $279.99

Factory speakers fail in those often as well but I have not seen bad speakers cause the problem you're describing.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
          Factory speakers fail in those often as well but I have not seen bad speakers cause the problem you're describing.
          My 2008 sierra only has one door speaker that works...I'm too cheap to replace them.

Comment

I've already replaced all four door speakers. It was down to one door when I bought the truck and then it started going out when it rained and would get wet. It was pretty easy and made it seem like a $500 upgrade afterwards, ha!

Comment

Maybe for my birthday I'll stick some cheap speakers in there. I think it's just the speakers and not the radio...might have to replace that too...Bluetooth would be nice.

Comment

My 07 Sierra only had the front 2 channels working when I got it (tweeters and door speakers) but the drivers side door speaker was going in and out depending on its mood. My dad never knew there were rear speakers in the truck because they didn't work when he bought it new. I replaced both front door drivers with Boston Pro's and retained the stock tweeters and replaced both rear door speakers with some cheap JVC speakers just for sound...it sounded MUCH better, but then I also replaced the stock CD/MP3 head unit with a top of the line Kenwood Excelon DVD/Bluetooth/HD radio receiver with backup camera and a module for the door chime/onstar and steering wheel controls. Works great and sounds phenomenally better. Think I paid about 200 for the head unit on Ebay, 75 for the module, and 20 for the mounting bracket. Already had the speakers from my Trans Am.

Comment

Originally posted by FastFord19 View Post
                  Maybe for my birthday I'll stick some cheap speakers in there. I think it's just the speakers and not the radio...might have to replace that too...Bluetooth would be nice.
                  Quit being so cheap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                  2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Working...
                  X