Thoughts on Savage A17?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Savage A17?

Always wanted a 17hmr. Really considering this rifle.

sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

I got one with a sweet 17 scope. It drives tacks out to 175 yards or so. I used to shoot the primer out of shotgun shells with it at 100 yards. The barrel does wear out with time. The 17 win mag is fun too. It has noticeably more ass to it.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
      I got one with a sweet 17 scope. It drives tacks out to 175 yards or so. I used to shoot the primer out of shotgun shells with it at 100 yards. The barrel does wear out with time. The 17 win mag is fun too. It has noticeably more ass to it.
      Nice. As far as scopes what’s the difference between a regular “centerfire” vs a rimfire scope? I have 0 knowledge of rimfire.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

The only difference is the sweet 17 scope has turrets that are ‘calibrated’ for certain grains of ammo. So you spot it in at 100 yards then set the turrets at 100. After that you can (within reason) dial the turrets to what the turrets read 50 yards, 75, 125, or whatever and it should compensate for you. It takes the math out of it.

Long distance guys go all out - they have phone apps, chronos, etc. that give them their ballistics and how to adjust a scope - MOA, MRADs... that 17 with a 17 calibrated scope will get you into that kind of stuff, if you want - or you can just have fun shooting it.

So, there is no difference in a rimfire scope v. Any other scope other than what the turrets read. They make 22 scopes, 17 scopes, 223 scopes, and probably anything else that you want. You’ll see when you look at them that they’re labeled for yards with a certain grain ammo. This assumes that the ammo you’re shooting, shoots at its advertised speed.

Comment

Love my .17. Great for squirrels and small predators.
          I have a 93R17 though with a Weaver optic.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
            Love my .17. Great for squirrels and small predators.
            I have a 93R17 though with a Weaver optic.
            I have a pet squirrel. wouldn’t mind popping some turtles though. Or coyotes.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

The A17 is nice, the 25 round butler creek mags suck.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                The only difference is the sweet 17 scope has turrets that are ‘calibrated’ for certain grains of ammo. So you spot it in at 100 yards then set the turrets at 100. After that you can (within reason) dial the turrets to what the turrets read 50 yards, 75, 125, or whatever and it should compensate for you. It takes the math out of it.

Long distance guys go all out - they have phone apps, chronos, etc. that give them their ballistics and how to adjust a scope - MOA, MRADs... that 17 with a 17 calibrated scope will get you into that kind of stuff, if you want - or you can just have fun shooting it.

So, there is no difference in a rimfire scope v. Any other scope other than what the turrets read. They make 22 scopes, 17 scopes, 223 scopes, and probably anything else that you want. You’ll see when you look at them that they’re labeled for yards with a certain grain ammo. This assumes that the ammo you’re shooting, shoots at its advertised speed.
                The high end optics companies usually have a much shorter range for parallax built into the design for glass labeled as being for a rimfire.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                  The high end optics companies usually have a much shorter range for parallax built into the design for glass labeled as being for a rimfire.
                  Please elaborate.

Comment

Saving money when you’re in the market for a new rifle scope starts with taking an in-depth look at additional scope features. With so many tempting and seemingly necessary features on high-…

Parallax is a term you'll come accross when looking into scopes and long-range shooting, but what does it mean and how does it work?
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I read the articles. I have two rimfire scopes a Nikon p-rimfire 22 and a bsa sweet 17. Both are what I would consider ‘low end’ in the optics world. Both have parallax adjustment.

Comment

Just got one.
                        I really wanted the wood stock. But ended up getting this because I love how lite it is. And I’m probably going to do a camo dip or rattle can job on it later. Also picked up a nice scope fo it as well. Can’t wait to take her to the range.

url=https://postimg.cc/kVSvKtg6][/url]

[url=https://postimg.cc/Vd7g88h6][img]https://i.postimg.cc/2SYKnjF4/B95-E79-EA-0217-4060-B5-B

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
                        X