How A Hoarder's Car Is Deep Cleaned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How A Hoarder's Car Is Deep Cleaned

I bought a Jeep from a co-worker the other day. I didn't want another Jeep but he just wanted it gone. I took the top off, threw the carpet away, and took a water hose to the interior. I asked him if he threw up in it and forgot to clean it up. He looked puzzled for a minute and then said oh yeah my dog did throw up in the back a few years ago. His shop looks almost like a horder.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

people are gross

Comment

Damn!!!!

Comment

that's disgusting.

I wouldn't want my wretches touching the seat bolts. double yuck
          Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
            people are gross
            Oh yeah, my time as a car dealer proved that. I've had cars nearly as bad this one. Same techniques for cleaning as well.

Comment

I'm glad I stopped installing sound systems in peoples cars...some of them were so bad I told them I wouldn't do it until they cleaned them...and in most cases even after they "cleaned them a bit" they were still fucking gross. Some people are just disgusting..and imagine what their house looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                I'm glad I stopped installing sound systems in peoples cars...some of them were so bad I told them I wouldn't do it until they cleaned them...and in most cases even after they "cleaned them a bit" they were still fucking gross. Some people are just disgusting..and imagine what their house looks like.
                Same here, working on some people's cars was disgusting.

I painted a Pontiac Fiero for a guy, it was after hours so I took my wife to go get it after dinner. It was automatic so I figured she could drive it as she'd done so many times before.
                She got in it and within 5 seconds got out and told me she wasn't going to drive it because it was a smoker's car and it smelled terrible, I started laughing because she refused. I got out and got into the car and it was beyond disgusting, this guy was using the inside of his car as an ashtray. The windshield and all of the glass was covered in a layer of spent nicotine smoke. The ashtray and console were over running with cigarette butts. This was at night, the next day I called my Dad since it was his co-workers car and told him that I didn't think the guy wanted to pay for a paint job since the car was a rolling ashtray, he said "take his money, Son".

So I did, after we finished the detail guy charged $300. to clean the interior, this was Early 90's money, probably double or more in todays money. The cars exterior was in great shape, so the black paint job came out nice and slick, the interior turned out to be Tan in color and surprisingly it looked like a new car. My Dad and all his co-workers were in amazement because they all knew what it looked like before, I wound up getting more than a few cars to repair over the years because of that POS, and my Dad said the guy never smoked in the car again, kept smoking but at least not the car, lol...
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I've been in houses that are disgusting and it's one of the reasons I'm glad we don't do consumer accounts anymore.

The one that sticks out the most was outside of Breckenridge, TX. The first time I went there was a household full of trash in the front yard. Papers, boxes, old food packaging... you name it. There was a narrow path(the width of my foot) between the rooms. I made my way back and had to lean over a pile to access our equipment. I got her system back online and left.

A few years later, I had to go back and I couldn't even get in to the house. She climbed through the garbage in that room and moved our equipment to the window and I connected my laptop through the window. The crazy part was she cleaned people's homes for a living. This house looked like she just brought her work home with her and threw it everywhere.

It's pretty sad because I feel that's someone who will just be found several weeks(maybe longer) after they pass away. It's clear that nobody that cares had visited in all that time.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                    I've been in houses that are disgusting and it's one of the reasons I'm glad we don't do consumer accounts anymore.

The one that sticks out the most was outside of Breckenridge, TX. The first time I went there was a household full of trash in the front yard. Papers, boxes, old food packaging... you name it. There was a narrow path(the width of my foot) between the rooms. I made my way back and had to lean over a pile to access our equipment. I got her system back online and left.

A few years later, I had to go back and I couldn't even get in to the house. She climbed through the garbage in that room and moved our equipment to the window and I connected my laptop through the window. The crazy part was she cleaned people's homes for a living. This house looked like she just brought her work home with her and threw it everywhere.

It's pretty sad because I feel that's someone who will just be found several weeks(maybe longer) after they pass away. It's clear that nobody that cares had visited in all that time.
                    Fuck!!! that's crazy

Comment

Working...
                    X