No announcement yet.

Ruth Bador Ginsburg dead at 87!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think RBG was a fine person, fought for what she believed in, and had a great friendship with Scalia that showed that even at the tip-top of intellectual battlegrounds there was cause for celebrating friendship. I certainly can see where she broke barriers for women, and even though i disagree with her i recognize her impact on the United States.

I think the problem has been with the absolute cult-like veneration of her the last 8 or so years where she has become a diety figure. Well, with someone that old, hysterics and dispair were the only logical outcomes at her passing by those who revered her.

It was less about celebrating her achievements for women and more about how she was somehow a super woman holding back the tide of chauvinism and the only one who could save women from becoming quaker handmaidens again.

I do feel that there should be no changes to the appointment process. Seeing the crazy hysterics and screaming that Trump has the chance to appoint three justices is "crazy" and that they shouldnt have life terms is bad criticism. The ability to serve the highest court of the land and never have to worry about falling back and pandering to interest groups to get re-elected is one of the best checks and balances that remain untouched in our government.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
      I think RBG was a fine person, fought for what she believed in, and had a great friendship with Scalia that showed that even at the tip-top of intellectual battlegrounds there was cause for celebrating friendship. I certainly can see where she broke barriers for women, and even though i disagree with her i recognize her impact on the United States.
      Very well said. I wonder how many of the people screeching her praises realize that she was the second woman on the supreme court though. For a little perspective Sandra Day O'Connor is still alive and is only 3 years older than RBG. She's been living in a nursing home for the last two years though and hasn't had any public functions in the last 6-7 years.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
        Very well said. I wonder how many of the people screeching her praises realize that she was the second woman on the supreme court though. For a little perspective Sandra Day O'Connor is still alive and is only 3 years older than RBG. She's been living in a nursing home for the last two years though and hasn't had any public functions in the last 6-7 years.
        X2

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post

I think the problem has been with the absolute cult-like veneration of her the last 8 or so years where she has become a diety figure. Well, with someone that old, hysterics and dispair were the only logical outcomes at her passing by those who revered her.

It was less about celebrating her achievements for women and more about how she was somehow a super woman holding back the tide of chauvinism and the only one who could save women from becoming quaker handmaidens again.

I do feel that there should be no changes to the appointment process. Seeing the crazy hysterics and screaming that Trump has the chance to appoint three justices is "crazy" and that they shouldnt have life terms is bad criticism. The ability to serve the highest court of the land and never have to worry about falling back and pandering to interest groups to get re-elected is one of the best checks and balances that remain untouched in our government.
          It is what crackpots do, they revise history to fit their own bullshit narratives. This sort of thing has caused wars where millions have died in the past.

The perfect example of revision is how she didn't hold back when it came to Kaepernick and his bullshit. The liberals doing the hero worshipping just ignore that, like they do with other facts that aren't convenient.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
          X