No announcement yet.

Power Outage..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off and on all day. Right now, it seems to be cycling every 30 minutes. We are all electric, so that 30 min is no where near enough time for the heater to build and deliver enough heat to warm the house.

We are in Caddo Mills on Farmers Electric

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Im in county near Royse City, zero outages, no idea why we are holding up, Collin County.
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Power went out at some point after I went to bed last night on the south side of Duncanville but was back on when I got up at 8 and took a shower. No sooner did I close the garage and back out of the driveway and it went out at 9am. Came on briefly around 5pm so I threw a pot pie in the oven. It went out 20 minutes into cooking and hasn't come back since. Most of Duncanville is dark. I finished cooking the pot pie on my generator, made some coffee for me and my mother who lives a block away and made alternate arrangements on the side of town that has power. Would have stayed at my house...generator has plenty of power to run my whole house...but I don't have enough fuel at the moment for more than about 5 hours...and its kinda loud..need to build an enclosure and exhaust setup for it. Thankfully my dad has power and a gas fireplace if we lose power. The railroad was totally fucked and unprepared for this storm...I was at work for 12 hours Sunday trying to keep the system working. They finally announced they were shutting down at 7pm because of all the failures of infrastructure. This upcoming storm tomorrow night will probably be worse because of the damage already done...and now we will probably have downed power lines all across Texas from trees falling. Hope ya'll have a plan to stay warm..the next few days are gonna suck.

Comment

I'm in Quinlan on Lake Tawakoni with no outages. I'm on Farmers Electric. I'm pretty sure what's saving us is a bunch of the houses around here are summer homes, but water pressure is low but flowing. Makes me wonder how many homeowners shut their water off while gone. Could be interesting in the next few days.
          sigpic

Comment

Well still no power since 6pm yesterday. Started up fireplace again in livingroom. Faucets still dripping so that is good.

Back to laying down with 8”s of blankets. Haha

Stay warm and safe folks

Comment

Our power was out from 6am to 8pm yesterday, stayed on all night but went off again just before 6am. A few interior sinks are still trickling water but just barely. Our 4g internet is terrible here, so virtually no internet, even when the power had come back up AT&T didn't.

The worst part is that even when power comes back we'll still have to wait until Friday for water..

Fortunately we have the gas range for cooking but the gas fireplace is essentially useless. Puts out almost no heat. Really missing the wood burning fireplace from the old place!

Comment

Still no power. If it doesn’t come on by noon I’m sending the wife and daughter to her parents in Mansfield, who aren’t having issues.
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

We’ve had electricity for about 5 hours out of the last 30 or so. Pipes are frozen. Headed to a friend’s here in a bit.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                    Green New Deal baby! Just get used to it peasant!
                    Nice little taste of our future, isn’t it?

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                      I have been driving to check on pools since about 5am. More then 25 are a total loss for the pool equipment so far. That is about 7,000 to 20,000 to repair per pool.
                      I’ll be needing your assistance soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                        Nice little taste of our future, isn’t it?
                        It’s disgusting. They’ll just blame something like climate change or Trump meanwhile plants are shuttering like clockwork to save ourselves from ourselves. The Elite are never affected so nothing will ever change.

Comment

for as resilient as ya'll claim to be the "omg im freezing plz send halp" posts are cracking me up.

stay warm folks!

Comment

No power for 24 hrs other ERCOT in their kindness gave us 30 minutes twice last night.

Enough to do a chinese fire drill to charge phones.

Buddy in north Mansfield has been off for 36 hrs and his house is at 38 degrees.

Sister in Mckinney and one in Lewisville has had no outages or rolling black outs.

What the fuck?! Who decides?!
                            Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

They declared the rolling blackouts for here so it will be interesting. These temps and outages bring back memories of a long time ago back in Pa. .
                              Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
                                No power for 24 hrs other ERCOT in their kindness gave us 30 minutes twice last night.

Enough to do a chinese fire drill to charge phones.

Buddy in north Mansfield has been off for 36 hrs and his house is at 38 degrees.

Sister in Mckinney and one in Lewisville has had no outages or rolling black outs.

What the fuck?! Who decides?!
                                If it makes you feel better, the new house we have is pretty much just on the other side of 377 from two of my best friends. They’re both literally 6 minutes away. They’ve not had power go out ONCE. Not even a wiggle. Our entire neighborhood has been straight blackout for 30+ hours.
                                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                                dont downshift!!
                                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Working...
                                X