Bust Out Another Thousand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bust Out Another Thousand

So I had my trusty old Supra 24SSV since January of 2008 when we bought it new, and while we loved that boat, if you wanted to do something different it took about an hour to change. For example, if you wanted to start wakeboarding you just left the ballast in the stock locations and filled them up, took like 10-15 minutes, no biggie... but then let's say you want to surf. Well, now you have to drain two of them, disconnect those two, and swap fittings so you can manually fill them in the boat (takes up space) and people are stepping over stuff. Then drain later, huge pain.

Well, upgrade time. The Nautique G23 Paragon is beyond ridiculous, and I'm in love with it. Want to surf? Press a button and wait 5-10 minutes for the ballast to fill, jump in and go. Want to wakeboard? Just change ropes and boards and push a button and you're good to go, no waiting. No ballast in the middle of the boat, no nothing... stupid easy.

Little video on the water from the dealer water test.
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like birddog0347.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Solid. Great times were had on our Harris pontoon. On to the have a kid stage, and we’ll be back someday. Lake days are the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My kids LOVE going out on the boat, they have never had a summer since they were born where they weren't on the lake a lot. My oldest just this past weekend got his first surf set behind the new boat with no rope, he learned last year on the old boat but always kept the handle... now between experience and the better wave of the new boat he doesn't need it. Can't wait for him to start learning new tricks.

Stevo

Comment

Like a lot of things, I will never understand “boating”. But I fully admit to being dead inside. It does look like a super nice setup though.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
          Like a lot of things, I will never understand “boating”. But I fully admit to being dead inside. It does look like a super nice setup though.
          We rarely go out to just go "boating", we are using it for surfing or wakeboarding mainly. And it doesn't suck when my cousin who is a Sr. in College brings her sorority sisters out.

Stevo

Comment

Lmfao! Now the reasons come out. ����

Comment

Are you looking to adopt per chance?

Comment

Think I have to agree. I loved fishing for a long time, but the fishing is better when you walk to places nobody goes. Boat ain't getting in there. Most of the lakes (within 150 miles of dfw anyway) are overused. I always thought the idea was to get a away from people, and out into nature. Seeing a few people is fine, but you can see the number of boats in the pics. They're packed together like sardines. Most of them just sit there all year sure, but it still gives you a good estimation of how many people use the lake. It's not the outdoors or "nature", it's the city park.

You gotta get out into the sticks to actually "get away", and dealing with a boat is a pita. Hauling that big bastard around, dealing with getting it in and out of the water. Suffice to say you're not really missing anything. Unless you live in a very small town with a little known lake that few people use.

And all you people who fish with live bait aren't sportsmen! You're cheats. I could put a bunch of hooks in your greasy burger and hook your ass too!
                WH

Comment

Nice boat. If the price of the new ones wasn't astronomical I would own another. Best set up I had was when my buddy bought one and kept it in the marina at Granbury a few years back. All I had to do was show him how to use and drive it and I had unlimited access. He was constantly tearing something up but for the most part the overall maintenance was not too bad. We went during the week and there were not to many boats out before 5p. We never got quiet enough wake behind it to surf. I mean you could, but you could not drop the rope for long. I was a slalom guy back in the day but learned to wakeboard a few years back. That was a good time for sure and surfing would have been cool with a bigger wave. We tried the fin on the side and extra ballast bags but the ole 12 Air Nautique wasn't having it.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                    Think I have to agree. I loved fishing for a long time, but the fishing is better when you walk to places nobody goes. Boat ain't getting in there. Most of the lakes (within 150 miles of dfw anyway) are overused. I always thought the idea was to get a away from people, and out into nature. Seeing a few people is fine, but you can see the number of boats in the pics. They're packed together like sardines. Most of them just sit there all year sure, but it still gives you a good estimation of how many people use the lake. It's not the outdoors or "nature", it's the city park.

You gotta get out into the sticks to actually "get away", and dealing with a boat is a pita. Hauling that big bastard around, dealing with getting it in and out of the water. Suffice to say you're not really missing anything. Unless you live in a very small town with a little known lake that few people use.

And all you people who fish with live bait aren't sportsmen! You're cheats. I could put a bunch of hooks in your greasy burger and hook your ass too!
                    Not a big deal for this one, it sits on a lift in a private dock at Texoma, 1 hour drive to get there. The lake gets busy for sure on the holidays, but it's huge so there's almost always somewhere to go to get some decent space. Hauling it around isn't a problem either since it sits on a lift. For all the weekend warriors going to Lewisville or something in the summer, towing it around, etc... fuck that noise.

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                    Nice boat. If the price of the new ones wasn't astronomical I would own another. Best set up I had was when my buddy bought one and kept it in the marina at Granbury a few years back. All I had to do was show him how to use and drive it and I had unlimited access. He was constantly tearing something up but for the most part the overall maintenance was not too bad. We went during the week and there were not to many boats out before 5p. We never got quiet enough wake behind it to surf. I mean you could, but you could not drop the rope for long. I was a slalom guy back in the day but learned to wakeboard a few years back. That was a good time for sure and surfing would have been cool with a bigger wave. We tried the fin on the side and extra ballast bags but the ole 12 Air Nautique wasn't having it.

Yeah, friends with boats that take you out are the best option. My Dad told me when I was younger if it floats, flies, or fucks... rent it. Well, I fucked up two out of those three so far.

Stevo

Comment

We bought a ‘21 Tracker 195 tournament last fall. We have been really enjoying it. Trying to catch fish...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      2012 GT500

Comment

thats allot of boat for that poor truck to tow with

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                          Think I have to agree. I loved fishing for a long time, but the fishing is better when you walk to places nobody goes. Boat ain't getting in there. Most of the lakes (within 150 miles of dfw anyway) are overused.
                          Bank fishing and boat fishing both have their appeal. I downsized boats to hit any lake and be able to launch at any ramp - as opposed to being at a slip (which also has its ups/downs). When having no boat, did bank fishing and what's nice is the path the lure takes going deep than up - did not have any luck with my bait rods while bank fishing.

People kill it downstream from the spillways too at Texoma.

However - boat fishing shines when the fish are deep - or ya wanna crappie fish in submerged trees...etc...etc. When the water is up, can sneak back into creeks and other places you're not easily walking too. After being on a lake for awhile like Texoma - you learn places other boats don't frequent and you can hide to relax, enjoy the quiet.

IMHO, nothing beats being on Texoma - during the summer starting to night fish about 8PM/2000 as the sun is dropping, air temps cooling with a slight breeze. 99% of the boaters/people are off the lake and then come about 10PM it's silent. Only downside is have to keep eyes out for snakes - seem to come around boats (due to underwater lights, bait attracted...etc) more. One night at little mineral - I was BS'ing with a buddy and then stood up to look around and there was no less than 5 snakes just cruising around. lol

Each has its ups/downs, could tell fishing stories for days.

Oh and alligator gar are assholes - f them!
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                            We bought a ‘21 Tracker 195 tournament last fall. We have been really enjoying it. Trying to catch fish...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            Nice man, congrats!

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                            thats allot of boat for that poor truck to tow with
                            Pretty much at the tow limit with it, but luckily we rarely have to tow it as it lives on a lift (or will in a couple of weeks once it's installed).

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                            Bank fishing and boat fishing both have their appeal. I downsized boats to hit any lake and be able to launch at any ramp - as opposed to being at a slip (which also has its ups/downs). When having no boat, did bank fishing and what's nice is the path the lure takes going deep than up - did not have any luck with my bait rods while bank fishing.

People kill it downstream from the spillways too at Texoma.

However - boat fishing shines when the fish are deep - or ya wanna crappie fish in submerged trees...etc...etc. When the water is up, can sneak back into creeks and other places you're not easily walking too. After being on a lake for awhile like Texoma - you learn places other boats don't frequent and you can hide to relax, enjoy the quiet.

IMHO, nothing beats being on Texoma - during the summer starting to night fish about 8PM/2000 as the sun is dropping, air temps cooling with a slight breeze. 99% of the boaters/people are off the lake and then come about 10PM it's silent. Only downside is have to keep eyes out for snakes - seem to come around boats (due to underwater lights, bait attracted...etc) more. One night at little mineral - I was BS'ing with a buddy and then stood up to look around and there was no less than 5 snakes just cruising around. lol

Each has its ups/downs, could tell fishing stories for days.

Oh and alligator gar are assholes - f them!
                            A couple of years ago we were walking out to our boat slip to get out on the water and saw a pair of water snakes mating on the jet ski float just a few feet from us. My wife and kids were asking me to kill them, but how would I feel if me and the wife are doing the horizontal hokey-pokey and some fool comes up and whacks me for no reason? Got a video of it too somewhere.

Stevo

Comment

Did you ever cruise Bowie or Cooper St back before Fast and the Furious? We can't really do that any more without a bunch of Chargers showing up and doing donuts through intersections and Mustangs plowing into the crowds.

Boats/lakes are the adult version of that.

Comment

Working...
                              X