On our way out of Afghanistan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
    I loved Biden saying that the Taliban doesn't have an air force.

They do now, fucktard!
    While it disgusts me that they inherited anything I would hardly call those planes an Air Force...none of those fighter/attack aircraft are jet powered and any remotely modern Air Force would knock them out of the sky quite easily. I'm sure they will be used in some capacity to cause unrest/terror.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      They can simply hire civilian contractors to do all of it.
      Good point :\

Comment

03/17/2011

This aged, well.....

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
          While it disgusts me that they inherited anything I would hardly call those planes an Air Force...none of those fighter/attack aircraft are jet powered and any remotely modern Air Force would knock them out of the sky quite easily. I'm sure they will be used in some capacity to cause unrest/terror.
          I'm pretty sure I saw some vids of a few stinky's walking past some f-16s.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
              Hopefully... all of the Humvees, MRAPS, Drones and other thousands of other bits of hardware Biden abandoned over there has some kinda' remote disable function within the onboard electronics package to ensure the equipment is unable to be used in anger against ourselves or allies.

What a colossal waste of lives, money, time, energy and resources the entire operation has been from the beginning.

mardyn
              None of the firearms do. Remember that next time Biden brings up banning ARs when he just gave M4s to terrorists.

The Taliban has reportedly made off with billions of dollars in U.S. supplied military equipment and weapons. During a press briefing on Tuesday, Biden’s National Security Agency Adviser Jake Sullivan confirmed a “fair amount” of weaponry fell into the hands of the terrorists.

These U.S. military assets include ammo, firearms, helicopters and other combat aircraft surrendered or abandoned by the Afghan army. Top military officials said they were unable to provide any sort of plan to stop the seizure or get the assets back.

Reporter: “So there’s no U.S. actions being taken to prevent equipment from falling into the hands of the Taliban by destroying it or anything else?”

U.S. Army Major Gen. Hank Taylor: “I don’t have the answer to that question.”

Reporter: “You don’t have the answer.”
              Last edited by GhostTX; 08-17-2021, 08:55 PM.
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                I'm pretty sure I saw some vids of a few stinky's walking past some f-16s.
                If they did the planes are not documented or they may be scrap..not arguing..just saying based on what I can find the planes they do have are pretty old refurbished prop planes and a small fleet of cargo planes...and a number of Blackhawks and gunship helicopters with varying levels of arms...they shouldn't have ANY of them but of course our Biden controlled military didn't do a goddamn thing to prevent it. The rest of the world is sitting back now doing two things....laughing at the United States military failure..and now seriously thinking about trying to take advantage of the situation and planning/thinking about attacking us. The next 3 years might be a serious shitshow. Glad I'm not in the military anymore to get shit on by the current administration.....but I am concerned about some friends who are...and some of whom are on their way to Afghanistan as I type this.

Comment

So, wasn't this equipment "given" to the Afghan military, and not just left behind that the Afgans then abandoned it?

How exactly are you trying to lay this whole thing at Bidens feet?

Maybe he should have destroyed it all when confidence in the Afghan military was lost?

Comment

After 20 years, you would think that we would have known the Afghans good enough to know if they would do something stupid like turn and run. Apparently, we weren't even out of their airspace before they turned it over to al-qaeda. Why would we just leave the weapons and such it without conditions.
                    Last edited by line-em-up; 08-18-2021, 07:31 AM.

Comment

as a civilian, it seems like the prudent thing to do would have been lighting off some of those thermite(?) grenades to destroy the stuff they didn't want falling into tali hands...? if i'm not mistaken thats how they trashed the secret blackhawk during the bin laden raid

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                        After 20 years, you would think that we would have known the Afghans good enough to know if they would do something stupid like turn and run. Apparently, we weren't even out of their airspace before they turned it over to al-qaeda. Why would we just leave the weapons and such it without conditions.
                        What conditions?

Comment

I’m of the opinion that the Afghan army may very well have had zero intention of ever operating on their own. Whether it was empty promises on our end for continued support (then we bailed) or some “other” motive, everything falling into the Taliban’s hands was extremely sudden and (again, IMO) deliberate.
                          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                          dont downshift!!
                          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Also, news feeds are going against “the script” and implying the Biden admin knew that the area was ripe for Taliban takeover and withdrew anyways. It’s a rare bird indeed these days when MSM is willingly busting Biden’s balls and openly questioning this complete clusterfuck while pinning it all on him. Tin foil hats are getting dusted off country wide!
                            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                            dont downshift!!
                            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                              Also, news feeds are going against “the script” and implying the Biden admin knew that the area was ripe for Taliban takeover and withdrew anyways. It’s a rare bird indeed these days when MSM is willingly busting Biden’s balls and openly questioning this complete clusterfuck while pinning it all on him. Tin foil hats are getting dusted off country wide!
                              All part of the plan to hand it over early to Kamalalalala.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                                I’m of the opinion that the Afghan army may very well have had zero intention of ever operating on their own. Whether it was empty promises on our end for continued support (then we bailed) or some “other” motive, everything falling into the Taliban’s hands was extremely sudden and (again, IMO) deliberate.
                                Man, my observation in Iraq (I was in uzbek for 6-8 months, but isolated and afghanistan for transit purposes so can't confirm) was it's heavily tribal based. I'd bet a few bucks that Afghanistan is the same way.

The way I've simplified it all in my head - is instead of a military person having sense of pride of country, they really only cared about their town and whoever their town elders were allied with. e.g. My town of Van Alstyne may be allied against an enemy with Melissa, Anna, Howe, Mckinney and Sherman (Dallas area have a whole other set of tribal connections) - but that's soldier's view of the country would not extend much past that at all. There would also likely be problems among those tribes as well - so not all rainbows and unicorns.

Then mix in a religious overlay - then further back in priority is a national government.

On top of all that is cultural/religious nuances (e.g. if some enemy dude had 20 years ago fed you when hungry - you could not hurt that person) - it's a mess.

They have their way of doing things and the MSM/politicians...etc won't educate the masses on how things really work. They just talk about how we're gonna throw our way of doing things on them, make them like it and move on. It's NEVER going to work. I may have some facts/items messed up for the various stans - but the concepts I'm confident are the same.

I talked to a few LEO type contractors bailing from Iraq. They were trying to train Iraqis and it was a waste of their time, they had no purpose.

I feel no sympathy for any of the people - except for the ones that do stand up and try to actually be united/free and are slaughtered. Well, maybe I do in my older age - but there is literally nothing we can do to make them do things our way - but take over the country, install our police/military/religion/constitution....make it a profitable annex to the US, build a disney park there...and huge prisons for those that do not follow our laws.

It's a whole different way of doing things that I think most Americans do not even know about - much-less are able to comprehend. I cannot understand it - I think you have to grow up there to understand it - even then it's probably just trying to be king of some hill and beat everyone down trying to climb it.
                                Originally posted by MR EDD
                                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                                X