Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
    [/B]

Your begging for trouble. I replace belts and hoses every 4 years.

On the other hand we had a customer at Rotary performance that has a 79' RX-7 that he bought new and plains to drive until the day he dies. That I know of the engine has been replaced 6 times and the car has over a million miles on it and it still has the factory original Bando brand fan belt. We kept reusing it just to see when it would fail.
    Maybe, but I sold a 250k mile 07 f350 on all original earlier this year. I've only had belts go bad when a tensioner/water pump goes bad.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
      Maybe, but I sold a 250k mile 07 f350 on all original earlier this year. I've only had belts go bad when a tensioner/water pump goes bad.
      Exactly, this isn't 1976 and we aren't using V belts.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

It is a workhorse and has been start since it was parked 10 years ago. Has a current registration and expired 2020. Better shape then I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
          The longest living belt that I or anyone I've ever spoken with know about is a v-belt. As far as coolant hoses go basically they have been made of the same materials for going on 30 years but coolant has improved significantly and now puts less abrasive material into the cooling system as they decay extending coolant hoses life in the process. The widespread use of dissimilar metals in cooling systems has caused another set of problems that degrades the hoses which is why I replace them at 4 years.
          Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 08-26-2021, 01:08 PM.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

We got new batteries for her and she started right up. It is up for sale for anyone looking. She does need a good cleaning.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              Exactly. Automotive wear items do last quite a bit longer these days.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                We got new batteries for her and she started right up. It is up for sale for anyone looking. She does need a good cleaning.
                but how do all the systems work?

Comment

She was moving and running fine. Generator probably needs a new carb or a cleaning. The home system. We were not able to try. We had someone come out to look at her and she sputtered but started. She will not move but goes into gear. If anyone knows a mobile RV mechanic send me contact info. Price is 10,000 for now.

Comment

Working...
                  X