Quitting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
    Makes me glad I have my own small business. One thing I wonder if individuals will start creating LLCs and contracting to businesses. I came from the oil and gas industry and they had so many contractors within the business as “consultants.”
    Throwing my comment in now. This is when the chill people are in here, and I’ll be honest, I’m terrified that this’ll be the shitpost to summon the Wildebeest again.
    WH

Comment

• My thoughts on this vaccine…

I am not anti vaccine…I don’t believe that healthy adults need vaccines against very low mortality viruses, but I do believe that many of the childhood vaccines are beneficial. My kids received all of those as did I.

But this vaccine is different. It’s more political than scientific and it’s being pushed hard by the very people whose goal is to decrease the human population. The fact that they are now pushing it (a leaky vaccine that does not prevent transmission and is less robust than natural immunity) on kids (whose risk of death is near zero) leads one to believe that there are definitely ulterior motives in play. Altruism and government are mutually exclusive.

IMO, the only people that should get vaccinated are the old, the obese and chronically ill people…and the scared.
      Do healthy people get sick and die from Covid? Yes, but it’s a very very low percentage.

Life is about mitigating risks. It should be YOUR decision on how to mitigate said risks…not the government’s.

Do not believe everything the for-profit bureaucracy known as the CDC states. They are just as corrupt as other government institutions.

Comment

• Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
        My thoughts on this vaccine…

I am not anti vaccine…I don’t believe that healthy adults need vaccines against very low mortality viruses, but I do believe that many of the childhood vaccines are beneficial. My kids received all of those as did I.

But this vaccine is different. It’s more political than scientific and it’s being pushed hard by the very people whose goal is to decrease the human population. The fact that they are now pushing it (a leaky vaccine that does not prevent transmission and is less robust than natural immunity) on kids (whose risk of death is near zero) leads one to believe that there are definitely ulterior motives in play. Altruism and government are mutually exclusive.

IMO, the only people that should get vaccinated are the old, the obese and chronically ill people…and the scared.
        Do healthy people get sick and die from Covid? Yes, but it’s a very very low percentage.

Life is about mitigating risks. It should be YOUR decision on how to mitigate said risks…not the government’s.

Do not believe everything the for-profit bureaucracy known as the CDC states. They are just as corrupt as other government institutions.
        Exactly how I've felt about this since they came out with the Vaccines. The numbers are not in alignment with the panic and response level.
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

my thoughts on this vaccine…

i am not anti vaccine…i don’t believe that healthy adults need vaccines against very low mortality viruses, but i do believe that many of the childhood vaccines are beneficial. My kids received all of those as did i.

Imo, the only people that should get vaccinated are the old, the obese and chronically ill people…and the scared.
          Do healthy people get sick and die from covid? Yes, but it’s a very very low percentage.

Life is about mitigating risks. It should be your decision on how to mitigate said risks…not the government’s.

Do not believe everything the for-profit bureaucracy known as the cdc states. They are just as corrupt as other government institutions.
          well spoken! Amen!
          Ford
          GM
          Toyota
          VAG

Comment

• my doc told me he wanted me to take it so i could survive it not that i would not get it . and it seemed to work .

Comment

My thoughts on this vaccine…

Solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s more political than scientific and it’s being pushed hard by the very people whose goal is to decrease the human population.
                Here's a couple of researchers saying we're actually headed down to the population levels of the early 1800's. Eventually. I believe it's later in this century, around 2080. They said we're not even going much higher than we are now, and then it's going to slowly slide back down. This is because when people's lifestyle gets better, they almost always have less or no kids. They go even further to say that the population isn't even what the UN says it is, that we're actually a lot lower. So we might not really be at 7 billion people. They have money motivations for claiming that number.

Makes sense. Some of the Mexicans' kids that worked for my relatives didn't want any kids of their own. I'd hear them telling their parents they didn't want any and the parents would say something like "You just wanna be a bum?" And the kids would say "No I don't wanna be poor" or "I wanna live my own life they're too much responsibility" or something like that.
                WH

Comment

• On a related note check out the Calhoun experiments on rats, if they are anything to go off of we are in the late stage of the population growth.
                  1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
                  1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
                  2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

• Originally posted by Labora View Post
                    On a related note check out the Calhoun experiments on rats, if they are anything to go off of we are in the late stage of the population growth.
                    Only problem with that is, the rats all lived in cities. They didn't have access to large "rural" areas. They would've spread out naturally if they could, and as such the rat utopia never would've happened.

So wouldn't those experiments just show whats going to happen to cities? Or has already happened.
                    WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                      Only problem with that is, the rats all lived in cities. They didn't have access to large "rural" areas. They would've spread out naturally if they could, and as such the rat utopia never would've happened.

So wouldn't those experiments just show whats going to happen to cities? Or has already happened.
                      In the study they had plenty of space with many rat rooms not being used from what I recall also showed that when they had access to unlimited food and safe shelter they lose want to breed and also became socially withdrawn.

Now we'd like to hope we are more socially advanced than rats, but who knows. I think it is safe to say social media has caused a certain amount of social withdraw especially with the pandemic, and we are certainly living easier lives than any other generation before us. So a drop off of population should be expected other countries are already seeing it more than us.
                      Last edited by Labora; 10-28-2021, 09:19 AM.
                      1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
                      1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
                      2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

• Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                        my doc told me he wanted me to take it so i could survive it not that i would not get it . and it seemed to work .
                        I work for a physician-owned group that manages inpatient/ICU/Emergency Medicine programs all over the country. Our upper leadership (all doctors) have been preaching exactly that to us for a while now - that getting the “vaccine” doesn’t mean you won’t get it, just that if/when you do get it, you have a much better chance of it not being severe.

I put it off for a long time, mostly just out of procrastination and no sense of urgency. But I am fat, and not super young (44). Then, I started seeing people that I know (not just a co-worker’s buddy’s roommate’s uncle) who were hanging on for dear life in a hospital, regretting not getting it, including some who were younger and more fit than me. So I figured fuck it - just stick me. If there’s a risk in taking it, so be it. There’s a risk in not taking it, too, so pick your poison. Honestly, as messed up as this may sound, I pictured myself dying in a hospital bed and decided I’d much rather be pissed off and blame the vaccine for not working than be regretful and blame myself for not getting it. At least this way nobody could say “I told you so”.

That said, I do believe it’s been over-politicized and blown out of proportion, in general. Just another thing dividing Americans, as people choose one side or the other and dig their heels in, calling the other side idiots. Greeaaaat. I strongly believe people should be able to choose, to keep it private, and to not be berated, limited, or coerced by anyone else, regardless of which way they choose. Live and let live. Heck, live and let die, if that’s the way it goes.
                        Last edited by jluv; 10-28-2021, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• Based on Lord Biden's OSHA rules, there will be a lot more people quitting. They are also looking to expand to all businesses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                            Based on Lord Biden's OSHA rules, there will be a lot more people quitting. They are also looking to expand to all businesses.
                            Is the funding for increased OSHA staffing tied to the current spending bill that's still in House?

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                              Is the funding for increased OSHA staffing tied to the current spending bill that's still in House?
                              That is a great question!

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X