FCC Chairman's Proposal Will Radically Change The Rules Of The Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
    you shut your mouth, this has nothing to do with regulating or censoring the internet.. this is about how capitalism has failed and the government wants to step in and make things right, FAAAASSSST internet! this is all about those mbps nigga!
    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post

And you can search for and read any of my posts on this subject, but I doubt you will since you've already, admittedly, failed to even attempt to read up on this subject prior to diving in head first.
      I don't need to search, that's the point you're missing. I would dare to say that I know much about the subject already, as it is indeed a hobby of mine. You coming in here and trying to look all superior while knowing little about it and refusing to talk further about it, is what you're being called out on. I thought it would be clear that I wasn't actually asking you to help educate me, but I guess not.

As for not reading the government intervention document, that's another thing that I thought would be obvious by now. They always tailor it to their needs first, and whatever else second. So its really not necessary when you know exactly what you're dealing with beforehand. And if its not in there now, you can bet it will be. Wouldn't surprise me in the least to have them put that out and then at the last second something like SOPA (which seemed wildly unpopular) to be added in and the red "Approved" stamped on it in great haste. Its how they roll, man. Another thing you'd think you'd have noticed by now. Unless, of course, you're a statist government worshiper like so many others, and already know about it and approve.

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
      so yall are arguing about arguing now? cool. sounds about right.
      ive noticed you can actually argue here. If you start arguing on other boards the admins jump in really quick to shut you both up. Its kind of refreshing actually

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
      Our government is limiting our speed?
      The corps are responsible for giving you what you want, or are forcing you to pay for their services?
      WH

Comment

Does anyone know this moron in person? Is he this fucking dumb in real life, or is this just trolling?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
          I don't need to search, that's the point you're missing.
          You do.

I would dare to say that I know much about the subject already, as it is indeed a hobby of mine.
          You don't.

I thought it would be clear that I wasn't actually asking you to help educate me, but I guess not.
          You need it.

You're admittedly ignorant, but don't know how ignorant you are and refuse to try to address it. Good for you. You're a walking example of those studies that show the dumb always give themselves too much intellectual credit.
          Last edited by exlude; 02-12-2015, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
            you shut your mouth, this has nothing to do with regulating or censoring the internet.. this is about how capitalism has failed and the government wants to step in and make things right, FAAAASSSST internet! this is all about those mbps nigga!
            Werd I need Moe mbps yo!

Comment

i need more protection from terrorists too! freedom be damned!
              ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by exlude
                You're a walking example of those studies that show the dumb always give themselves too much intellectual credit.
                I think the term you're looking for is 'Dunning–Kruger effect'.
                Scientists do not coddle ideas. They crash test them. They run them into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour and then examine the pieces.

If the idea is sound, the pieces will be that of the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                  Our government is limiting our speed?
                  Does the government regulate who can put down lines? Do they require environmental studies for all of these things that take time? Tell me, how easy does the government currently make it to expand?
                  I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

The government can't tell providers "no" to putting in any new lines and technologies if the providers aren't even trying to do it. . .. . .
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Maddhattter View Post
                      I think the term you're looking for is 'Dunning–Kruger effect'.
                      Yep, that's the one.

Comment

• Originally posted by exlude View Post
                        You do.

You don't.

You need it.

You're admittedly ignorant, but don't know how ignorant you are and refuse to try to address it. Good for you. You're a walking example of those studies that show the dumb always give themselves too much intellectual credit.
                        I'm dumb? Funny coming from someone stupid. I didn't admit to anything, so you're lying as well. When it comes to the networking aspect of all of this, not the bill. I'm not giving myself intellectual credit, you've got that backwards, which is what I've been saying all along. I simply said I'm a hobbyist, and the fact is that as a hobbyist I can tell when I'm talking to someone trying to pretend he knows a lot about it when he doesn't. That's you.

I've asked you many times to provide evidence of your claim to knowledge about it, you've refused. Provide some scrap of proof that would refute my argument. But you won't, because you can't, because you're a bag of hot air, a know it all, plain and simple. I really don't know who it is that you think you're fooling. Being called out post after post and you never responding tells everyone here you're an idiot. Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.

Oh and for clarity's sake I'm referring to post #51 in this thread. Talk moar about your knowledge on the subject. But I'd choose your words carefully.
                        Last edited by Gasser64; 02-14-2015, 01:13 AM.
                        WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                          I'm dumb?
                          Yes.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                            I'm dumb? Funny coming from someone stupid.
                            The "I know you are but what am I" argument, a classic. A well fitting defense for someone of your aptitude.

Originally posted by Gasser64
                            I didn't admit to anything, so you're lying as well. When it comes to the networking aspect of all of this, not the bill.
                            I'll admit I haven't read the whole thing
                            k

I've asked you many times to provide evidence of your claim to knowledge about it, you've refused. Provide some scrap of proof that would refute my argument. But you won't, because you can't, because you're a bag of hot air, a know it all, plain and simple. I really don't know who it is that you think you're fooling. Being called out post after post and you never responding tells everyone here you're an idiot. Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.

Oh and for clarity's sake I'm referring to post #51 in this thread. Talk moar about your knowledge on the subject. But I'd choose your words carefully.
                            As I already said, feel free to use advanced search to pull up the recent discussions about this. Careful with the spelling of my username.

I wish actually typing slower would help you understand that, so instead I'll offer this advice: sound out each word and make sure you know what they all mean, then put them together as a sentence. Maybe you'll get it this time around. This much struggle with a message board, no wonder you have trouble navigating Google

Comment

• This guy makes me lawl.

Comment

• Originally posted by exlude View Post
                                The "I know you are but what am I" argument, a classic. A well fitting defense for someone of your aptitude.

k

As I already said, feel free to use advanced search to pull up the recent discussions about this. Careful with the spelling of my username.

I wish actually typing slower would help you understand that, so instead I'll offer this advice: sound out each word and make sure you know what they all mean, then put them together as a sentence. Maybe you'll get it this time around. This much struggle with a message board, no wonder you have trouble navigating Google
                                In his defense, googles is hard, y0. not really

Comment

Working...
                                X