This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wood grilled Tilapia and rice:

I don't have any after pictures, but I do have a before.
    I usually just use some sort of fish seasoning that I have laying around here and then use some lemon for a bit of flavor.
    I then just use a rice cooker and mix some cilantro into it.
    I don't use any butter or anything of the sort.
    This meal turned out rather well, I wish I had some after pictures to share!

Comment

I will have to try the greek yogurt thing with the powder. I've been eating the hell out of the strawberry and another one i like. I tried and plain and it was just nasty. The yoplia one atleast.

I dont have any myself thats why i suggested this.

Any snack's. homemade protein bars, stuff for work. Simple and easy that can be made in bulk and keep for a week.

This is the key to consistancy for me. If i have lunch and my snacks planned then less raiding of the vending machine i do. I might eat more one day vs the next, but im still eating better than two butterfingers and cokes a day.

Comment

for snacks your best bet is fruit, nuts, and seeds for bang for your buck snacks that your body will process and use most efficiently.

and lots of water, water + fiber = full feeling

Comment

Spaghetti Squash!!!

For those of us that love pasta but count calories...spaghetti squash is a marvel!

Below is my meal tonight:

Spaghetti squash with light butter, Garlic, and salt/pepper to taste, light parmesean ~50cal per cup

Spaghetti sauce~ 90cal per serving

Grilled chicken breast ~110cal

Total: 250 Calories

Comment

we make this all the time...

black bean and lentil chili...

1 1/2 cup(s) dry lentils, French-variety, picked over for debris
            1 Tbsp olive oil
            1 large onion(s), diced
            1 large sweet red pepper(s), diced
            2 Tbsp minced garlic
            3 Tbsp chili powder
            2 tsp dried oregano
            1 1/2 tsp Durkee Ground Cumin Seed, or other brand
            1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
            1 tsp kosher salt
            29 oz canned diced tomatoes, fire-roasted with chiles, undrained
            31 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
            1/2 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped

Place lentils in a large sauce pan and cover with water by several inches; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until lentils are tender but retain a little bite, about 10 to 15 minutes; drain well and set aside.

Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook onion, pepper and garlic, stirring often, until vegetables are softened, about 10 minutes.

In a cup, combine chili powder, oregano, cumin, cayenne and salt; add to skillet and stir well to combine. Cook, stirring often, about 1 minute.

Add tomatoes and their juice, and beans to skillet; stir well to combine. Cover skillet and simmer so flavors can blend, about 5 to 10 minutes. Fold in lentils and cilantro.

I top it with a shitload of lemon juice and more fresh cilantro.

Love this shit
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Forrest that sounds awesome, I might try that next week for my non-animal protein meal, just might cut out the oil and salt

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                Forrest that sounds awesome, I might try that next week for my non-animal protein meal, just might cut out the oil and salt
                I made it again tonight actually... you could easily cut the oil and salt... the onion and red pepper will stay moist in the pan...

and the reason I load the shit up with lemon juice when it's in the bowl is to meet the craving for something like sharp chedder or even more salt to put some acidity in the flavor "matrix"

the lemon juice just balances the whole thing out for my taste...

we also like to dice up some avocado on top for obvious reasons

I always mean to double the recipe because we go through it so quickly!

Comment

oh, and we just use regular diced tomatoes and a can of fire roasted green chilis... if you like heat, I would slice up some fresh serrano and throw that in there either with the onion and red pepper or when you add the diced tomato and black beans depending on how much you like heat :cool:

Comment

Tonights meal was grilled lemon pepper chicken, grilled asparagus, and a salad. Mid day meals/snacks for the week is chicken salad with no mayo, chopped pecans, grapes, and organic brown mustard (no HFCs). Oh, and fruit. Alternating between eggs and oats for breakfast. I need to grab some granola though.

I'm going to try your recipe, Forrest. I like lentil, and that looks good.

I also make this, and don't need anything else to go with it, but makes a good side as well. Head of cabbage, whole white onion, diced, and bean sprouts. 1/2 Tbsp olive oil. Sauté onions til translucent, then add cabbage and bean sprouts. LIGHTLY. Just 3-4 minutes stirring the whole time. I like it still crunchy, if you let it go too long it will wilt. Pepper to taste (I use a lot, sometimes substitute crushed red pepper instead of black).
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                      I will have to try the greek yogurt thing with the powder. I've been eating the hell out of the strawberry and another one i like. I tried and plain and it was just nasty. The yoplia one atleast. .
                      I agree on the taste of the plain yogurt, but what I usually do is mix a “sweet” Greek yogurt with some plain and it still tastes great, plus of course...additional protein, along with lots of probiotics/live active cultures.

Comment

Rather than repost the entire thing here...

I read this the day it came out (I try to stay on top of this stuff as it greatly affects my industry), just havent had a chance to post it up. Anyhow, new research suggest olive oil not as healthy as they had previously thought. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/linda-larrowe-bergersen/olive-oil-health_b_816011.html Most of

EVOO not as healthy as they claim, according to new research. Canola oil now #1 choice.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Subscribing. All of it sounds wonderful!
                          2004 Cobra
                          Originally posted by The Raven
                          This is exactly why if I ever have a daughter, I'm going to teach her to swallow early on.

Originally posted by Marisa
                          Undietaker is my hero.
                          Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by xYoung347x View Post
                            Oat with XF is my favorite. .5 cup of oats, one scoop of UP2.0 pb = heaven! Thanks Greg for all the XF...

Fat-12gms
                            carbs-32gms
                            prot-23gms
                            cal- 328
                            I received my XF protein last night and whipped up some oats and mixed it with some cinnamon roll and it turned out delightful.
                            I ate it for dessert.
                            The chocolate peanut butter smells exactly like peanuts too.

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                              Chicken looks good btw. Ever had quinoa before? Might wanna try subbing that for the brown rice.
                              My wife made a quinoa, black bean and corn salad dish last week that was amazing. It had all the flavors of a mexican corn salsa plus beans and quinoa for added substance and protein.

If you all want the recipe, I can get it from her. It was our veggie night meal last week. It was surprisingly fantastic.

Comment

Forrest, I bought all of the stuff to make the Lentil chili tomorrow, except i'm going to add more beans than just black beans. Kidney, black, pinto, and black eyed peas to give it some variety.

Also adding a can of Hatch green chile's

Comment

Working...
                                X