what was I thinking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what was I thinking?

On a whim Saturday, I pulled the trigger on a huge pile o turd. I have been wanting to go rally racing for a while but none of my cars are suited for it. Either to high, to low, to nice or rare. So here we are. Cars not as bad as it looks, mechanically speaking its a good car. physically it's a disaster! In my mind that makes it perfect for dirt rally. Plan is to clean it up a little, throw a quick rattle can paint job on it, 2" lift, some all terrain tires, fix the power steering, and add sub frame connectors. Then bomb the crap out of it at the local rally track. other than that, I figure the stock 215hp will be fine for my skill level. This is my first SN95, and It's probably the ugliest car I've ever owned, but I think I'm in love.
    enjoy the horror...

y'all got any spare parts laying around for this stock as hell shitbox?

Awesome! Sounds like a fun idea. Could only have been better if it was a 94-95 pushrod engine. Still, that's gonna be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
      Awesome! Sounds like a fun idea. Could only have been better if it was a 94-95 pushrod engine. Still, that's gonna be fun.
      it is a pushrod engine. 95 5.0l

Comment

love it!
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
          it is a pushrod engine. 95 5.0l
          Well hot damn! Tail lights fooled me. You did it right.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
            Well hot damn! Tail lights fooled me. You did it right.
            lol, ya they've been swapped. I wouldn't have gone for it if it was a 2 valve. I don't think I'll be able to hurt this motor as long as I keep it stock power. The next event is June 28th. I should have it ready by then.

Comment

That looks like fun. How are you going to lift it?

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                That looks like fun. How are you going to lift it?
                For now, spring spacers, shocks and struts.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                  For now, spring spacers, shocks and struts.
                  I have all 4 stock 2016 F150 shock/strut/spring assemblies in my basement. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                    I have all 4 stock 2016 F150 shock/strut/spring assemblies in my basement. lol
                    where there's a welder there's a way. lol

Comment

If i was local you could have them for free and yeah im sure you could figure out a way haha. they are heavy as shit though, i don't feel like paying for shipping from here.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                        If i was local you could have them for free and yeah im sure you could figure out a way haha. they are heavy as shit though, i don't feel like paying for shipping from here.
                        I think I'll be fine without them.

Comment

Lookin forward to following the shananagins!

Question though, in the thumbnail for the youtubes you put in the link, how come theres an old mans dick next to "RUM", and under the word "builder.com"
                          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Find the ugliest oops enamel you can from Home Depot and paint it with that! Keep it budget friendly!
                            "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                              Find the ugliest oops enamel you can from Home Depot and paint it with that! Keep it budget friendly!
                              No way! Clearcoat that paint!

Comment

Working...
                              X