No announcement yet.

lung cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mom got chemo brain bad. She is back to near normal two years later.

She's healthy as a oxe two years later. Breast cancer

Comment

Since the site seemed to die off I never was able to finish off this post because I thought the site was done. Thanks for all the well wishers and suggestions but the reality is that we knew it was eventually a death sentence. He passed on December 21st after spending literally 4 hours on hospice care at Methodist Central in Dallas with me and my sister by his side. He was mostly unconscious from around 8am when they moved him from Charleton Methodist in Duncanville to Methodist Central around 3pm. I miss him terribly but am glad he is no longer suffering..the last year of his life was miserable.

Comment

Most sincere condolences.
        Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, but glad he's no longer suffering.
          Originally posted by stevo
          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Sorry for your loss man! May he RIH!
            Originally posted by Da Prez
            Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
            Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Rip

Comment

so sorry for your loss

Comment

Sorry to here that Jeff.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Sorry to hear that man.

Comment

Sorry to hear Brother. I lost my GF in Feb of this year to lymphoma, was a 1.5 year journey. It was tough on both of us, almost mentally broke me. If I find out I have cancer and its a ways in, not sure Ill fight it, watching someone fight/suffer and die changes your perspective quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                        Sorry to hear Brother. I lost my GF in Feb of this year to lymphoma, was a 1.5 year journey. It was tough on both of us, almost mentally broke me. If I find out I have cancer and its a ways in, not sure Ill fight it, watching someone fight/suffer and die changes your perspective quite a bit.
                        Yes...it very much does. This has turned my life upside down and I am sure I will be dealing with it for years. Having the opportunity to plan for it and be given a fairly accurate timeline helped..but the finality of it goes on in ways I never expected.

Comment

Sorry you lost your dad. Maybe someone on here will stop smoking because of your story...but I doubt it. It's a terrible addiction.

Comment

sorry for your loss .those who have cancer know it will kill us , just a matter of when. but when the time draws near it is best if it is quick. i've fought it for 10 years so i still feel blessed. if i can cheat it out of another 5-10 years i'll call it a draw .

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                              Sorry you lost your dad. Maybe someone on here will stop smoking because of your story...but I doubt it. It's a terrible addiction.
                              haven't had a smoke or a dip since 10/31/2009, took working at a cancer hospital to get me to quit.

Comment

bride and i quit in the great smoke out of 92 .

Comment

Working...
                                X