No announcement yet.

Anyone work for Toyota at a dealership?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone work for Toyota at a dealership?

I have a 2007 Tundra that I replaced the TPMS sensors on all 4 wheels.

I have techstream on a Win 7 laptop and I can successfully enter all 4 ID's, but after 10 or so miles, I get the flashing TPMS light again. I have read the VCI cable I am using doesn't full transmit the ID's to the ECU. I can get 2 TPMS sensors to show up and show PSI, but two always do not. They randomly rotate around.

Looks like I need an official Toyota service department to program these suckers, but I really don't want to pay $150 for 10 minutes of work.

Discount tire's system doesn't even work. It just resets the light, seems to never transmit the TPMS ID's.

Any suggestions or anyone who can hook me up for half price?

Did you try resetting the system with the button in the glove box? It might be reading the sensors just fine but doesn't know what data it's looking for.

http://toyota.custhelp.com/app/answe...0three%20times.

Comment

Man I have tried EVERYTHING including that. I even went so far as to lock the ECU TPMS section to prevent it from dropping the two working TPMS and tried adding the two faulty ones.

Just wanted to see if there was a hookup at a tech department. Don't know if the pandemic has hurt service departments or not.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
        I have a 2007 Tundra that I replaced the TPMS sensors on all 4 wheels.

I have techstream on a Win 7 laptop and I can successfully enter all 4 ID's, but after 10 or so miles, I get the flashing TPMS light again. I have read the VCI cable I am using doesn't full transmit the ID's to the ECU. I can get 2 TPMS sensors to show up and show PSI, but two always do not. They randomly rotate around.

Looks like I need an official Toyota service department to program these suckers, but I really don't want to pay $150 for 10 minutes of work.

Discount tire's system doesn't even work. It just resets the light, seems to never transmit the TPMS ID's.

Any suggestions or anyone who can hook me up for half price?

Are they factory tire sensors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 94mstng94 View Post
          Are they factory tire sensors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Yep, OEM. Brand new.

Comment

Just an update I am going to try one thing. The antenna for the TPMS is stored in the headliner and there are some reports of them going bad in the first years of the second gen Tundra/Sequoia

Im going to take all 4 wheels off, roll them up to the back of the truck window where they are the closest to the TPMS antenna and then try the sync. Maybe the signal will be strong enough at that point to see/register all 4. If that works, I need to replace the antenna.

Comment

What a giant pain in the ass.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                What a giant pain in the ass.
                No doubt.

Comment

If you have some PVC laying around you could make a little pressure chamber for the sensors.
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Originally posted by Samhain View Post
                    If you have some PVC laying around you could make a little pressure chamber for the sensors.
                    I've been contemplating that, I even have sensors from my old wheels that still work. But I tow with this truck and over several thousand miles I want to make sure I don't have tire pressure issues.

Comment

It's been a few years ago now, but I had to use Discount Tire to install and program/sync the TPMS sensors on my Lexus GS.

They were able to get it done in only a few minutes.

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
                        It's been a few years ago now, but I had to use Discount Tire to install and program/sync the TPMS sensors on my Lexus GS.

They were able to get it done in only a few minutes.

mardyn
                        I've been to two different stores and they use the same equipment. It reads the sensors and appears to upload it, but 5 - 10 miles later the light comes on and when techstream is pulled up it is because of no communication.

Comment

Working...
                        X