Arkansas State Police 109 MPH PIT Maneuver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arkansas State Police 109 MPH PIT Maneuver

Damn! He got some air time off of that Ram(p)!

Comment

Saw this when it came out.

If that cop survived he should be fired at once. There is absolutely no reason why you should be driving like that with loose tools and shit in the back seat.

Comment

That's nuckin futs!

Comment

Holy shit. Why didn't they send someone with spike strips ahead of the truck?

Comment

Should have used his air brakes to soften the landing.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
              Damn! He got some air time off of that Ram(p)!
              clever

Comment

They're both dead?
                WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                  They're both dead?
                  How could they have gotten the quote from the officer at the end if he was dead too?

Comment

What could the fleeing driver have done that justifies risking two lives and probably $60,000 to $70,000 in property damage to stop him?

Edit: My question reminds me of a case out of California. SWAT team tries to serve a search warrant on the house and the occupants of the house resist and drives the SWAT team back. They then proceeded to accidentally-on-purpose burn the house to the ground killing the man inside. The home was a rental property and the property owners tried filing with their insurance company to have the house rebuilt. The insurance company denied the claim so the homeowners then tried suing the police department. The case made its way to the state supreme court which ruled that the police have the right to burn your house down and that they are not liable for damages. The same thing happened when the police burned the house down that that rogue cop out of LA broke into and was hiding in.
                    Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 04-24-2021, 09:11 PM.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                      What could the fleeing driver have done that justifies risking two lives and probably $60,000 to $70,000 in property damage to stop him?
                      Two lives, wasn't that guy driving against traffic at one point?

There are two perspectives on this I here all of the time. If you don't chase, why would anything but law abiding citizens ever stop?

On the flip side. Out of all the chases I have been in, which has been a lot with prior departments, they were all over stupid shit. Not one was a dead body in a trunk, just robbed a bank, etc. Hell the bank robber was one of the easiest stops I made. So, generally it is they got a traffic ticket out, or maybe stole a car. I am not 100 percent sure if the statistics on stolen cars, but I would say over 50 percent are a bullshit deal anyways. So, I can see both sides of the coin.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                        How could they have gotten the quote from the officer at the end if he was dead too?
                        Yeah i ain't watchin all that shit

Also, maybe he died later, or somethin

it could happen
                        WH

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post

There are two perspectives on this I here all of the time. If you don't chase, why would anything but law abiding citizens ever stop?

On the flip side. Out of all the chases I have been in, which has been a lot with prior departments, they were all over stupid shit. Not one was a dead body in a trunk, just robbed a bank, etc. Hell the bank robber was one of the easiest stops I made. So, generally it is they got a traffic ticket out, or maybe stole a car. I am not 100 percent sure if the statistics on stolen cars, but I would say over 50 percent are a bullshit deal anyways. So, I can see both sides of the coin.
                          So in nearly all cases, wouldn't it be better to just catch up to them later? I mean what... they're gonna go to mexico for the rest of their lives? No. They'll be at their house or their mamma's house later that day. Point is the cops will catch up to them sooner rather than later, and they can do it in a place where there isn't a moving vehicle involved.

True you may not know who stole a vehicle, but then you could just follow them until they ran out of gas. They're not gonna outrun your radio. And the cops up ahead just filled up their tanks. Far cheaper than 10's of thousands of dollars in damages and potentially dead cops and dead perps and maybe even some dead bystanders.
                          WH

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post

We just went to a “no chase” policy. We used to chase for almost everything, but now it is just active shooter, murder, etc.
                            2012 GT500

Comment

Reminds me of the video on Youtube where the cop is in a Tahoe and is chasing some dude in a shitty ford truck with a trailer that cost about $500. Not sure what the guy in the truck/trailer in this other video did but the cop rams the trailer over and over and over. I'm sure the Tahoe was totaled. Unless the guy was actively shooting or was Charles Manson or Bin Laden it just makes no sense at all.
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X