DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Back Porch

The Back Porch General Discussions for topics that don't belong in other forums.

Old 10-13-2021, 06:39 AM   #1
lowthreeohz
comment removed

Question Quitting?

Lots of chatter in the media about folks walking out of their jobs due to vax mandates - curious if anyone on here plans to do the same? My previous employer issued their mandate last week and i know a number of people who are retiring, resigning, or just quitting as a result.

So, who on here has chosen that to be the hill they die on?
lowthreeohz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 06:50 AM   #2
Grimpala
Lifer

I, nor my family will be taking the jab. I work for a defense contractor....
Old 10-13-2021, 07:07 AM   #3
line-em-up
Proud Domestic Terrorist

Are you quitting or going to make them fire you? People keep saying to make them fire you so that you may have a case against them.
line-em-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 07:50 AM   #4
The King
Lifer

If I had any inkling that I might need a future reference from an employer I would definitely not make them fire me.
The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 09:13 AM   #5
bcoop
Lifer

Resignation letter is already written, just needs a date and signature. Waiting it out to see what happens with the mandate. Company I work for didnt want to mandate it but with 1200 employees they won’t have a choice if the mandate is enforceable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.
bcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 10:31 AM   #6
kingjason
Notorious PIG
VIP Member

Mandate this! My employer is pro choice. Besides, it has already burned thru 95 percent of us.
Old 10-13-2021, 11:04 AM   #7
Tx Redneck
Wannabe puter fixor
VIP Member

Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.

Is it not still "guidance" and not law?

https://www.osha.gov/coronavirus/safework
Tx Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 11:05 AM   #8
bird_dog0347
Punk Ass Douche
VIP Member

I've been working from home this whole time for this employer, if they have a mandate I will simply tell them to make me 100% full time remote. That should solve the problem.

Stevo
bird_dog0347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 11:26 AM   #9
Trip McNeely
Black Ac

Makes me glad I have my own small business. One thing I wonder if individuals will start creating LLCs and contracting to businesses. I came from the oil and gas industry and they had so many contractors within the business as “consultants.”
Trip McNeely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 08:34 PM   #10
the spindoctor
Time Served

I plan on letting them fire me. They can pay to test me every week if they want, but that seems like a logistical nightmare. Basically my entire product group is unvaccinated so this should be interesting.
the spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 09:24 PM   #11
dblack1
Lifer

I'm betting nothing ever comes from this, but the big ass kissing companies that rely on government will get ahead of the attempted mandate.

By March no one will be talking about it. It'll be something new like inflation and shortages. Shortages are getting real very quickly. If you are in in commercial flat roofing and need poly iso you are fucked. Not a month or two maybe 4-6 plus. I've never seen it to where I couldn't get ten semi loads by next Friday.

I don't understand why companies are getting so far ahead. It isn't a law, it's a recommendation at this point
dblack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 09:25 PM   #12
line-em-up
Proud Domestic Terrorist

https://gab.com/Jom1va/posts/107097562643474561
line-em-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 10:21 PM   #13
scootro
Lifer

i didn't realize most of the members on here are anti-vaccine. i myself will not be getting it
scootro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 10:27 PM   #14
AnthonyS
Lifer

If you hate your job or have something else lined up, by all means quit / resign. If you like your job and the only issue you have is a medical mandate, fight it.

On a real simple level this is coercion (violates Civil Rights Act, and is discrimination, Equal Opportunity). It also violates the equal protection clause. And most people ordering a medical procedure are not doctors (also illegal). If this doesn’t descend into a total collapse the legal fallout from this will be huge. Barring total collapse the busiest professions in 2022-2025 will be lawyers, psychologists, and small business owners. Big pharmacy, big medical, politicians, and big companies have lost all credibility at this point.

Liberals love Roe v Wade and this violates the bodily autonomy of that case as well. This will take years to settle or it’s total collapse and chaos. We’ll know by Jan 2023 when they go to seat the new representatives and Senators. This is a total power and money grab.
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 10:45 PM   #15
kingjason
Notorious PIG
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootro View Post
i didn't realize most of the members on here are anti-vaccine. i myself will not be getting it
Honestly, I am not anti vax. One of my guys got it and we didn't give him any shit. He also had the anti bodies. I just think I was a carrier and some point and had no clue. I thought about getting the shot but I never found a set of days I wanted to be out of commission. Both shots kicked his ass.
Old 10-13-2021, 11:10 PM   #16
JC316
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjason View Post
Honestly, I am not anti vax. One of my guys got it and we didn't give him any shit. He also had the anti bodies. I just think I was a carrier and some point and had no clue. I thought about getting the shot but I never found a set of days I wanted to be out of commission. Both shots kicked his ass.
I'm the same way. I'm not anti vax, but I have an autoimmune disorder and I'd like a little bit more than "We believe that you will be fine", especially since I've had a reaction to a vaccine before.
JC316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 05:57 AM   #17
bird_dog0347
Punk Ass Douche
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjason View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC316 View Post
I'm the same way. I'm not anti vax, but I have an autoimmune disorder and I'd like a little bit more than "We believe that you will be fine", especially since I've had a reaction to a vaccine before.
I'm not anti-vax, but since I already had it and have natural immunity I have yet to see a study or hear a real Dr. I trust tell me that the vax is still needed, I'm not getting it. I never get the flu shot either. I have gotten all the vaccinations for things that are now 100% preventable with said vax, but this is a respiratory virus... we don't have 100% effective vaccinations for any respiratory virus to date.

Stevo
bird_dog0347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 07:16 AM   #18
Grimpala
Lifer

Our manager (who 'retires' tomorrow) sent us a link to file for a religious and/or medical exemption. I feel like a lot of people will be taking that route.

I will let them fire me if it comes to it, you gotta stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

I am, however, actively looking for other employment.
Old 10-14-2021, 07:24 AM   #19
DON SVO
The Bad
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
I'm not anti-vax, but since I already had it and have natural immunity I have yet to see a study or hear a real Dr. I trust tell me that the vax is still needed, I'm not getting it. I never get the flu shot either. I have gotten all the vaccinations for things that are now 100% preventable with said vax, but this is a respiratory virus... we don't have 100% effective vaccinations for any respiratory virus to date.
One thing I have said before (which is right in line with what you typed) is “Covid is a coronavirus variant, which is in the same family as common colds, pneumonia… we don’t have vaccines for those.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrtuckteezy
dont downshift!!
Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.
DON SVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 07:30 AM   #20
dcs13
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Redneck View Post
Is it not still "guidance" and not law?

https://www.osha.gov/coronavirus/safework
I cant understand why people dont understand this. ITS NOT THE LAW (yet).. OSHA hasnt issued any rule.
and fwiw, this is why you haven't seen any lawsuits yet, its not a rule/law. Companies can voluntarily do what they want (except grow some balls apparently)..

Not anti vax, dont give a shit what YOU and YOUR doctor decide. No one else is going to tell me what healthcare I need. LETS GO BRANDON
dcs13 is offline   Reply With Quote