Taillight scales in F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taillight scales in F150

"Smart taillamps operate like the battery charge indicator on a mobile phone, displaying the percentage of payload capacity by illuminating LEDs arranged in a built-in vertical bar. As the truck is loaded, all four lights illuminate, showing it’s fully loaded. If the truck is overloaded, the top lights blink. The maximum payload based on the pickup’s configuration is programmed into the system. Additionally, the truck can be set on scale mode, which zeroes out the current load and allows for approximate weighing of additional items loaded into the bed."

Seems kinda snitchy
    WRX

The person who wrote that article seems like the type to wear two masks and already have a 3rd shot.

I like the idea for personal use, but it shouldn't be publicized via the taillight for all to see.
    G'Day Mate

Comment

Yay even more electronically controlled shit to break and expensive and a pain in the ass to fix.

Comment

That would make picking up fat chicks at last call even more embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
          That would make picking up fat chicks at last call even more embarrassing.
          Hahaha, put Mary Lou in the truck and two lights illuminate.
          G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
            Yay even more electronically controlled shit to break and expensive and a pain in the ass to fix.
            No shit. I think I might keep my 17 f250 for a long time now

Comment

I don't see this as big brother tech, it's more of an optional gimmick. Depending on how accurate the scale will be, it won't be a cheap option.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                I don't see this as big brother tech, it's more of an optional gimmick. Depending on how accurate the scale will be, it won't be a cheap option.
                It shouldn't be expensive; the only thing it will need is a pentameter ride height sensor on the back.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I can already see the ambulance chasers salivating over this new piece of technology to be added to pickup truck. The TV commercial ideas are already in the works!

Comment

Working...
                  X