Facebook Used Tools - Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Used Tools - Question

I am looking for a table saw to do precise cuts for my flooring project. The one I want is $549 at Home Depot (Rigid contractor grade).

I have always been curious, and cautious, about tools that I come across on facebook. I see these guys who are just selling TONS of power tools in boxes. Just massive amounts, stacked up on walls. Ryobi, Rigid, Dewalt...etc

Some are slightly used, some are still brand new in packaging.

My bones tell me that these "fell off the truck" or were heavily discounted by five fingers.

I don't see how someone would sell a $549 table saw for $260 if it were acquired legally.

If they aren't HOT they might also be from the return product pallet bundle sales. Other easy way I've seen people have stacks of power tools.
    1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
    1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
    2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

I'd venture a guess it's both. I found one guy that said all of his stuff comes from the pallet bundles but he never had a table saw when I wanted one and I ended up buying it new.

Comment

A vintage contractor saw with a good fence can be had for much less than a new saw. Generally, the older saws are better product for the price point. If you're patient, it isn't uncommon to find one for sale in excellent condition from someone who is upgrading their saw.

Comment

Oh man, go to Trader's Village and see the dozens of people selling the tools. I still cant imagine who or why so many are returned. Like do people really do it that often?

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
            Oh man, go to Trader's Village and see the dozens of people selling the tools. I still cant imagine who or why so many are returned. Like do people really do it that often?
            The Skil saw I ended up buying was used, but not too badly. Blade still cut great, most of the accessories were still with the unit, it came pre-assembled ( bonus) and only had minor cosmetic issues. Saved about half, so can't complain and now the project is done.

Comment

Working...
            X