My new SVI IMM Open gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new SVI IMM Open gun

Well, I wasn't expecting it to be done for 4-6 more months... and it wasn't gonna be. But they did a prototype grip and decided to build it into a whole gun which amazingly was VERY close to my order in specs but I liked the overall look even better than what I had in mind for my build, plus it was available immediately for a little more than what mine was priced at so I said yeah, give me THAT one.

It's hard to describe how precise this whole thing is, there are no gaps, it's AMAZING! The level of detail here is unmatched. The whole thing (save the CMore red dot) started life in the factory as a billet bar, and was machined in TX to exact tolerances.

I know a lot of you won't understand why it looks like it does, but it's all to serve a specific purpose. This is literally the top fuel dragster of handgun racing... and it's MINE!

Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

How many handjobs did that cost you?

Comment

I want to shoot one of those to see what it's like.
      Originally posted by Marisa
      we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Nice!
        WRX

Comment

Beautiful gun! However, every person I ever see at the competitions I go to with a gun like that ends up having constant jams and feed issues. Probably has to do with hand loading and such seems like a PITA...

Good luck and many years of fun with yours!

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
            How many handjobs did that cost you?
            Most of them...

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
            I want to shoot one of those to see what it's like.
            Anytime man, I'll be happy to let you give it a try.

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
            Nice!
            Thanks!

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
            Beautiful gun! However, every person I ever see at the competitions I go to with a gun like that ends up having constant jams and feed issues. Probably has to do with hand loading and such seems like a PITA...

Good luck and many years of fun with yours!
            Yeah, the 9mm has tons of problems, the 38 Super Comp has next to no issues after break in (what mine is). That said, like any max effort race build there are very tight tolerances. It never ceases to amaze me that guys on this forum question going all out on a race gun, but not a car.

Stevo

Comment

38 super in a 1911 is a sweet shooting combo. Enjoy.

Comment

Just let me know when and where man!
                Originally posted by Marisa
                we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Whew, glad you didn't spend all of your handjob money, now you can buy me some Whataburger.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                    38 super in a 1911 is a sweet shooting combo. Enjoy.
                    Yeah, it's not normal 38 Super... it's a full case of powder (10.4grn of 3n38) with a 124grn hollow point on top, then compressed and with the 4 barrel holes plus the comp the ONLY person who enjoys being around it is the shooter.

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
                    Just let me know when and where man!
                    I might try to go to Frisco Gun Club one night this week just to run a few more break in rounds through it, otherwise you'll likely have to catch me at a USPSA match as I rarely hit up a normal range. That or tell me when and where you want to go and I'll try to make it.

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                    Whew, glad you didn't spend all of your handjob money, now you can buy me some Whataburger.
                    Love me some Whataburger, but I only have enough left over to buy some for me.

Stevo

Comment

I was talking about 38 super from the shooters perspective. It's a great shooting round. Even factory 38 super is loud and has a lot of muzzle flash but the recoil is easy to manage and a 1911 pushes back instead of snapping up and down. I imagine shooting 38 super loaded to the limits is impressive. It's a flat shooting round too which is why you USPSA guys love it, feeds great, etc. I love the red ins but limit myself to 9mm and 45 acp purchases.

Comment

I did a little video to show the differences between a SV and a mass produced gun, also shows the true colors out of a dark photo area.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                        X