• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    Wow
    Have something to say?

Comment

So in the end, I think I see where yall are going with this. But could it really ever be done? Could all government run schools eventually be phased out some day, and be replaced with private schools? Sounds great. We'd all pay drastically less, so it seems like our highly parasitic government would have a problem with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
        Have something to say?
        Yes I have something to say, taking away free lunches from kids who have dirtbag parents so you can coach football is fucking absurd. While I agree that there is plenty of waste to go around in our school system and dollars should be plentiful for both, that doesn't change your statement.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Yes I have something to say, taking away free lunches from kids who have dirtbag parents so you can coach football is fucking absurd. While I agree that there is plenty of waste to go around in our school system and dollars should be plentiful for both, that doesn't change your statement.
          I wasn't comparing the two but since you want to argue..... Free lunch is a fucking joke. When I see kids that get free lunch go to the vending machine and drop $2 in it to get a candy bar and soda it chaps my ass. They aren't starving like you want to make them out to be. All it does is get the kids accustomed to always having their hand out. Now since the obesity epidemic has come to the forefront it is going to cost even more to fed them. I guarantee you that I can positively influence kids more by coaching sports than them getting a free meal at school.

Comment

I wasn't comparing the two but since you want to argue..... Free lunch is a fucking joke. When I see kids that get free lunch go to the vending machine and drop $2 in it to get a candy bar and soda it chaps my ass. They aren't starving like you want to make them out to be. All it does is get the kids accustomed to always having their hand out. Now since the obesity epidemic has come to the forefront it is going to cost even more to fed them. I guarantee you that I can positively influence kids more by coaching sports than them getting a free meal at school.
            Oh I guess they all do that then. At every school. Hooray for fucking anecdotal evidence.

Let me tell you about my anecdotal evidence, professor. I grew up at a school in Oklahoma where half the god damn school was on the free lunch program because their parents were fucking broke. People weren't driving around in escalades or buying booze with food stamps, they were fucking broke because oil was $10 a barrel.

I guess we should have cancelled that program and had them all go out and suit up for some tackle drills, right Tom Landry?
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

Oh I guess they all do that then. At every school. Hooray for fucking anecdotal evidence.

Let me tell you about my anecdotal evidence, professor. I grew up at a school in Oklahoma where half the god damn school was on the free lunch program because their parents were fucking broke. People weren't driving around in escalades or buying booze with food stamps, they were fucking broke because oil was $10 a barrel.

I guess we should have cancelled that program and had them all go out and suit up for some tackle drills, right Tom Landry?
              Good for you. You are not going to change my opinion. Free lunch always has been and always will be a joke. I would be willing to bet that there was was disposable income in the family budget somewhere for them to eat. Cut out the cell phone, cable TV or the Internet and you have food in the lunchbox right there.

Comment

Wow
                You missed the beginning of his next sentence:
                Originally posted by Venom
                Being on a team builds character
                Also, LOL!
                Originally posted by Venom
                The assumptions in this thread are ridiculous.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Good for you. You are not going to change my opinion. Free lunch always has been and always will be a joke. I would be willing to bet that there was was disposable income in the family budget somewhere for them to eat. Cut out the cell phone, cable TV or the Internet and you have food in the lunchbox right there.
                  Yes, I told that to my fellow students in 1979, that their parents should cut out their internet, cable TV and cell phone.

As a civilized society, I think we can afford to give some kid a sandwich that costs $.65 to make and not worry about how having something to eat for free might affect their character. I didn't plan to change your opinion, god forbid, we know you have it all figured out. I was just pointing out how absolutely ridiculous it sounds.

Comment

The assumptions in this thread are ridiculous. The number that they are giving you is a average of each student in the district. It takes into account all of the "free" shit and entitlements that the majority of students get today.
                    The coaching argument is just plan dumbassery. The coaching stipend for AISD is for an assistant coach for 2 sports is $6,948. If you are a head coach of a sport and assistant of a second sport you get $8,433. When you spread that out over the 10 months extra time that you put in it ends up being less than minimum wage. Coaches just do go home at 530 when practice is over and get the summers off like the rest of the teachers. We are always going up to the school during the summer, spring break, christmas break to work with kids, prepare fields or work tournaments.
                    Could the school districts save some money by trimming the fat? Hell yes they could but taking away coaching stipends isnt the answer. Take away some of the other dumbass entitlements like free lunch and pregnancy support. Being on a team builds character and accountability.
                    Not all coaches teach PE and speech. The majority of them teach science, history or math.
                    Care to share what your actual base salary is? I'm not attacking you but I've had coaches admit to me in the past how rediculously high their payrate was.
                    Big Rooster Racing "Dare to win well."

Comment

I was on the free lunch program in school and there was no cutting anything at home. I literally had nothing. However, I'm for making a parent prove they need the assistance before giving it to them.
                      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                        I was on the free lunch program in school and there was no cutting anything at home. I literally had nothing. However, I'm for making a parent prove they need the assistance before giving it to them.
                        If you got hungry, you should have ran a few laps and jogged it off, there sport.

Comment

Never was the sporty type. I was too busy getting educated and taking advanced classes, working to help support my family and trying to fit in homework
                          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

they.re kids ! we're suppose to see them go hungry because moma is a road whore ? let me tell ya sport. my bride teaches 1st grade and has for 30 years so i know a little about it. not only is there a need for free lunch , most time the only quality meal in the day but we regularly send food home with some of the kids. i buy shoes, jackets and even cloths for some. you have proven the mind set of jocks. your entitled but screw everybody else. why is it i have to pay for a friggin football field but free lunch is a joke ?

Comment

Originally posted by 85whtgt View Post
                              Care to share what your actual base salary is? I'm not attacking you but I've had coaches admit to me in the past how rediculously high their payrate was.
                              My yearly compensation is 55843. I put in an extra 25-40 hours per week based on what season it is. So if you divide that out with the extra hours that I put in only during football season I made a whopping $6.78 as a second job.
                              I realize that SOME kids might actually need the free lunch but as a whole the program itself is a joke. I am against ANY type of government assistance or entitlement. I have been unemployed before and never took any type of government assistance. My family always had food on the table, clothes to eat and a roof over their head.

Comment

My yearly compensation is 55843. I put in an extra 25-40 hours per week based on what season it is. So if you divide that out with the extra hours that I put in only during football season I made a whopping $6.78 as a second job.
                                I realize that SOME kids might actually need the free lunch but as a whole the program itself is a joke. I am against ANY type of government assistance or entitlement. I have been unemployed before and never took any type of government assistance. My family always had food on the table, clothes to eat and a roof over their head.
                                I am against any sort of entitlement for able bodied adults that are able to work. The very basis of my point is that children can't support themselves even if they want to, thanks to federal labor laws.

Comment

Working...
                                X