Mach 460 Speaker replacement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mach 460 Speaker replacement.

Just looking for ideas and stuff mainly.

Right now the car has Aftermarket head unit with factory amps and what sound like blown factory speakers. (tweeters pop badly the others may be ok) From what I have read is that you can't replace any one thing in the 460 system you should replace it all. Anyone have luck with this stuff or should I buy some decent speakers and a small 4 channel amp or something.

On the ones I have done, I have replaced the amps and speakers as the factory speakers are rated at 8 ohms whereas most aftermarket speakers are 4 ohms or less. The Mach setup has the speakers wired in parallel with each other as well. Easier to rip and replace.

Check out this link from Crutchfield https://www.crutchfield.com/S-Uws0dY...d-mustang.html

It goes over what you need to know.
    01 red GT - 745whp/780wtq Whippled 4V and built 4R75W

Comment

I always thought the mach 460 sound system sounded great for oem.

Anyone ever upgrade it? Just keep all the speaker housings but put way better speakers in there. Maybe better amps in the factory spots. I think there was 1 under dash, 2 in back. Somebody must make better amps that same size.
      WH

Comment

There are a few 5x7 component speaker sets available now that will fit in the stock locations and sound great.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
          There are a few 5x7 component speaker sets available now that will fit in the stock locations and sound great.
          Better than stock, and that would benefit from amps that will fit in the stock locations?

Always wanted to do that for some reason. Have it all fit in the stock spots but sound way better. Which would be pretty cool because it didn't sound bad to begin with. In its day anyway.
          WH

Comment

Working...
          X