No announcement yet.

New shoes for the Vette!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I have none of that but what I noticed with LS engines is theres a bajillion ways to set them up. Its like that giant leggo box. Seems there are more cams for LSs than wheels for Mustang.
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Back when I was into LS motors and had my TT GTO, there was a guy that made 1089 at the wheels with 22psi and a built TT 364. I think it was running pump gas with a big shot of meth and ported 317 heads.

I made 690 with a TT403 on 8 psi. The motor was originally setup for NOS, so it needed a better cam for FI and studs for more boost but I was tired of the chassis issues with the GTO and moved on.

A lot of different options with these motors.
      1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

My ls is kicking my ass with valve train noise. I screwed up and bought Comp lifters!

Comment

Never buy aftermarket stuff when you can get factory stuff thats better.

CTS V and/or Z06 lifters are considered pretty good from what I've heard. Maybe its different now.

For what its worth, Comp roller lifters have a mediocre rep in the 460 crowd in which I stay pretty up to date. Isky and Crower seem to be the lifter of choice for most people in the know with high lift and duration roller cams.
          1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
            You're right, Im sure it will only do 11s or so.
            Well, I've only seen Auto's go as fast as you are claiming/wanting to go, but I believe traction is going to be your biggest hurdle in trying to go that fast with a stick.
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Record for a full bodied C5 Manual is 9.16 and if everything is to spec I have similar power but better aero. I just have to buy some big and littles.

Leroy though (the nude C5) has smashed that and gone into the 8's but weighs like 2600lbs. Hes like 400 more hp though. lol
              Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

In with the new and out with the old. So here is something I never noticed and think is stupid. But there is not a different P/N for C6 Corvette Z51 or Z06 front rotors. They are directional but it uses the same damn rotor! I have read its only a 10% cooling difference when pushed but come on! The Z06 and Z51 were the higher end cars. Couldnt spring the extra dollar for side specific rotors?

Last edited by LaserSVT; 12-12-2017, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Comment

that sounds fun
                    "PSH!!!"

Comment

• damn that front end lifts up quickly
                      Are you still on stock z suspension?
                      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

• Not usually a fan of these, but that is one bitchin' C5.

Comment

• Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                          damn that front end lifts up quickly
                          Are you still on stock z suspension?
                          C6Z springs and Bilstien HD8 shocks

Comment

• So I went on vacation and got married and while I was away I left my Vette at my friends shop to swap out the slave cylinder I blew so the car would be ready when I got back. Turns out I sheered both axles as well. Yay me. I am trying to figure out how exactly I did that. They are rated for 1500HP. Last time the car was on the dyno it made 8 something and then we doubled the fuel pumps, doubled the timing and doubled the boost and can now spin it 2000 RPM higher than when it was on the dyno but I dont think there is any way it makes 1500.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                              So I went on vacation and got married and while I was away I left my Vette at my friends shop to swap out the slave cylinder I blew so the car would be ready when I got back. Turns out I sheered both axles as well. Yay me. I am trying to figure out how exactly I did that. They are rated for 1500HP. Last time the car was on the dyno it made 8 something and then we doubled the fuel pumps, doubled the timing and doubled the boost and can now spin it 2000 RPM higher than when it was on the dyno but I dont think there is any way it makes 1500.
                              Maybe your "friend" needed some axles?

Comment

• Anyone wanna buy this thing? 35,000. I have double that into it and it has under 1000 miles on everything. Makes over 1100 RWHP. Have all receipts. Needs more clutch.
                                Everything used was top shelf. Engine is LME. Bad Chad built it. Pat G specd cam and tune.
                                There isnt a tighter C5 out. Corn fed with full interior and AC and WAY nicer leather.

Comment

Working...
                                X