Arlington area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya, that sucks, Jimmy.

I've only had less than great service there 3 or 4 times out of several hundred, so I figure that's an excellent ratio. You shouldn't let one shitty waitress and one dickhead ruin the place for you. You know it's not normally like that. But ya, that would upset me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
      Sucks indeed. All he had to do was the right thing. All they had to do was specifically address the concern and let me know that they had identified the manager on duty that night and explained to him that was not the way to handle the situation and their customer service is better than what he displayed. Very simple.
      You're a marked man there now. Next visit the cooks will spit in your food. You do NOT want to try the fresh squeezed lemonade. They make it special, just for people who complain.

Comment

For decent Mexican and good entertainment it's hard to beat El Arroyo on Cooper. Slip across the street to WOB after for a few microbrews. Marianos is pretty good, but Chuys has the best salsa. Catfish Sam's off division has some good catfish. Davids bbq in Pantego is really good and while it's just a little further, Off the Bone BBQ is great! Just take the Mansfield Hwy exit off 20 and turn right. Cant miss it on you left.

Comment

Originally posted by Diabolic View Post
          For decent Mexican and good entertainment it's hard to beat El Arroyo on Cooper. Slip across the street to WOB after for a few microbrews.

Solid suggestion. I always forget about El Arroyo.

Comment

fuck that. Redneck havean

Comment

Solid suggestion. I always forget about El Arroyo.

my wife doesnt, she loves eating there. I like it, but it isnt my favorite. They have cold beer and good tortillas.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                my wife doesnt, she loves eating there. I like it, but it isnt my favorite. They have cold beer and good tortillas.
                There used to be a place on Broad across from the Dairy Queen called Taco Grill. We really miss it. Tiny mom and pop joint and the food was incredible.

Comment

El Arroyo is very plain. Reminds me of El Chico or Don Pablos. Nothing to get excited over. I remember the old Chuy's on Cooper being decent back in the day, but the new one in The Highlands is awful. The salsa is like pico de gallo. Wtf? Rinds me of NYC - that's what you get when you order salsa up there. To each his own, I guess. I like my salsa saucy and with some kick to it.

Comment

For decent Mexican and good entertainment it's hard to beat El Arroyo on Cooper. Slip across the street to WOB after for a few microbrews. Marianos is pretty good, but Chuys has the best salsa. Catfish Sam's off division has some good catfish. Davids bbq in Pantego is really good and while it's just a little further, Off the Bone BBQ is great! Just take the Mansfield Hwy exit off 20 and turn right. Cant miss it on you left.
                    Off the bone is awesome, best ribs I have had at a restaurant.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                      El Arroyo is very plain. Reminds me of El Chico or Don Pablos. Nothing to get excited over. I remember the old Chuy's on Cooper being decent back in the day, but the new one in The Highlands is awful. The salsa is like pico de gallo. Wtf? Rinds me of NYC - that's what you get when you order salsa up there. To each his own, I guess. I like my salsa saucy and with some kick to it.
                      I grew up on South Padre and ate in Matamoros 2-3 times a week growing up. We would eat a Blanca Whites and Garcias every week. The salsa there is really different from what we get here. Just across the border in Brownsville it was just like they have at Chuys. Not that red picante sauce looking salsa, but the real deal chopped tomatoes, cilantro, white onion, garlic, and serrano peppers. That's why I wont eat at El Fenix, Mexican Inn, On the Border, or chilis. Got that stewed red Pace looking crap.

Comment

I grew up on South Padre and ate in Matamoros 2-3 times a week growing up. We would eat a Blanca Whites and Garcias every week. The salsa there is really different from what we get here. Just across the border in Brownsville it was just like they have at Chuys. Not that red picante sauce looking salsa, but the real deal chopped tomatoes, cilantro, white onion, garlic, and serrano peppers. That's why I wont eat at El Fenix, Mexican Inn, On the Border, or chilis. Got that stewed red Pace looking crap.
                        I dig El Fenix salsa, but none of the others you named. I like fresh stuff, and chunky salsa, too. And heck, I like pico de gallo, but not as a dip with chips. It's gotta have some "juice" to it.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                          I dig El Fenix salsa, but none of the others you named. I like fresh stuff, and chunky salsa, too. And heck, I like pico de gallo, but not as a dip with chips. It's gotta have some "juice" to it.
                          Im not a huge fan on thier salsa, or thier caso, but mixing the two together makes a pretty good chip dip.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Sucks indeed. All he had to do was the right thing. All they had to do was specifically address the concern and let me know that they had identified the manager on duty that night and explained to him that was not the way to handle the situation and their customer service is better than what he displayed. Very simple.
                            Dang, that really does suck. It's been a couple of months since we have gone there but the last time we went was the best experience we have had there. We had an experienced server that was being followed by a new girl. Very personable, generous, gave us an extra card punch and a coupon for a free app for next time. We ended up bs'ing with them for a good 30 minutes after paying the check.

Sucks to hear man, maybe it was just one of those off times. I hope we don't experience the same as you, next time we go.

Comment

As for the OP.. You aren't limiting yourself to Arlington for all of this, right? There have been a number of good suggestions already, so I don't have much to add otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                                As for the OP.. You aren't limiting yourself to Arlington for all of this, right? There have been a number of good suggestions already, so I don't have much to add otherwise.
                                Not just Arlington, close by would be good.

Comment

Working...
                                X