Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gary Trudeau attacks Texas Abortion laws..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Trudeau attacks Texas Abortion laws..

I'm with Gary Trudeau on this one. Basically, the new law says that anyone wanting an abortion will be required counseling and an sonogram (to make them witness proof of life) and shame them into changing their mind.

In some instances, the woman will have to undergo a "transvaginal ultrasound" which is basically a 10" dildo shoved up their vagina to get to the uterus.

The problem with this is that my wife just had to have one of these and it cost us $500 for the copay, which most single females won't be able to afford, or if they can't us taxpayers will be footing the bill in addition to the woman being legally raped (penetration of the vulva without consent).

It's not shaming them. It's giving them all the information. If they choose to continue to abort after being given the information, they can. If they change their mind after a sono, then they weren't all that convinced it's the right thing to do to begin with.

Edit to add: If they are consenting to have a Dewalt shoved up their snoopy, then they give consent to have the 10" dildo.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
      It's not shaming them. It's giving them all the information. If they choose to continue to abort after being given the information, they can. If they change their mind after a sono, then they weren't all that convinced it's the right thing to do to begin with.

Edit to add: If they are consenting to have a Dewalt shoved up their snoopy, then they give consent to have the 10" dildo.

Bullshit. It's added pressure.

Do you really need to see an ultrasound to be convinced of a fetus? Did you have to see the xray to prove you had been shot?

Consent is a choice. Just because a woman consented to sex once, does not give society carte blanch to stick anything up their female organ.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post

Do you really need to see an ultrasound to be convinced of a fetus? Did you have to see the xray to prove you had been shot?

Consent is a choice. Just because a woman consented to sex once, does not give society carte blanch to stick anything up their female organ.
        He's not going to listen, dude.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
          This. I've always found it interesting that the same group that wants to save the fetuses (I won't even bring up the octopus/octopi but not fetus/feti question at this point) is generally the same group that bitches loudest about welfare. I'm all for government funded abortions so I don't have to pay for their 20 illegitimate babies for the next 18 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
            This. I've always found it interesting that the same group that wants to save the fetuses (I won't even bring up the octopus/octopi but not fetus/feti question at this point) is generally the same group that bitches loudest about welfare. I'm all for government funded abortions so I don't have to pay for their 20 illegitimate babies for the next 18 years.
            So you don't see the difference between protecting life and insisting the federal government stick to the constitution?

Comment

No, but I did enjoy seeing the MRI. Why are you so hell bent on women not being given all the medical information to make a choice? If a sonogram is so traumatic, then surely getting a power drill in your snoopy is FAR more traumatic.

Comment

So you don't see the difference between protecting life and insisting the federal government stick to the constitution?
                Show me in the constitution where it says they're allowed to regulate 1) a woman's sexuality. 2) abortion.

No, but I did enjoy seeing the MRI. Why are you so hell bent on women not being given all the medical information to make a choice? If a sonogram is so traumatic, then surely getting a power drill in your snoopy is FAR more traumatic.
                All the medical information to make a choice? She knows she's pregnant, the only other thing she needs to know about are the risks of pregnancy, and the risks of abortion, depending on the choice she makes. She doesn't need to know what it looks like, what it smells like, or what it's doing.

CRAZIES BE CRAZY!

Comment

It's a life... a human. We should not allow people to kill people.

Comment

Originally posted by crooner View Post
                    It's a life... a human. We should not allow people to kill people.
                    We as a nation, as individuals acting alone illegal or legally in an official position kill every moment of every day. We are a nation that loves violence in every form.

As a man I don't like the thought of abortion but since it is imposable for me to need one or get one I withhold judgment concerning the morality of it and will I split the head of any fucker who harasses a women over it. In short it boils down to this; if you do not like abortion do not get one.

Since the Jesus freaks can not outlaw abortion outright they want to chip away at it just a little bit to make themselves feel better and this law is an example of that.

The true purpose of this law is to make it just a little bit harder to go through with an abortion. Sort of like the leftest in this country who want to ban all firearms wanting to ban hi capacity magazines because a gun ban is out of their reach. They will give you a million reasons why hi capacity magazines should be banned but it really boils down to them not liking guns.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                      Show me in the constitution where it says they're allowed to regulate 1) a woman's sexuality. 2) abortion.

All the medical information to make a choice? She knows she's pregnant, the only other thing she needs to know about are the risks of pregnancy, and the risks of abortion, depending on the choice she makes. She doesn't need to know what it looks like, what it smells like, or what it's doing.

CRAZIES BE CRAZY!
                      That's the kicker Racr. I don't think the federal government should have a say. At all. It's a state's right issue per the 10th amendment. If Texas wants this law, the fed has no right to say a word.

Comment

That's the kicker Racr. I don't think the federal government should have a say. At all. It's a state's right issue per the 10th amendment. If Texas wants this law, the fed has no right to say a word.

You are right on the money with this comment. Roe v Wade is bad law.
                        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Seriously, WTF does any of this have to do with government?

What a woman and man choose to do with their unborn child is between them, their family, and their god.

This state involvement to the max shit is old and way too damn expensive.

Comment

You have completely opened my eyes! We should protect their lives so they can be born and starve to death. That way, no one plays judge and jury, except God, through natural selection. Pro-lifers are happy because another baby was born, and the anti-welfarers are happy because their tax dollars don't go to the poor, so there's no blood on anyone's hands. Brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                              Exactly. Might as well talk to a fence post.
                              www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Working...
                              X