Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    It's stupid low. I saw 73% lean ground beef for TEN FUCKING DOLLARS A POUND on Friday.
    Wtf, where?
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• Originally posted by slow99 View Post
      Ruffdaddy, have you tried county line on 2222? I was always curious but never went.
      Not yet...drove by one of them on the way to hamilton pool and we earmarked it for later. Thanks for the reminder!

Comment

• Originally posted by slow99 View Post
        Wtf, where?
        Also at Tom Thumb, haha!
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Did a brisket today on the pellet smoker. First one I have ever cooked. Smoked for 14 hours. Family approves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

• Cant tell from the pics, but was it a little drier than you expected? My first 2 were.

What method did you use? Mop? Foil finish?

Comment

• I didnt wrap it at all. I had my son spray apple cider vinegar every 2 hours on it. I'm ready for another to try a different way.
              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

• I dont know if its "cheating" or not but i finish ribs and briskets in a foil wrap everytime. Its so much easier to keep it from drying out that way.

Comment

• It wasn't dry but I will next time. It was actually a lot better that all the local bbq places we have up here.
                  2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

• Your talking about the Texas "crutch" when you talk about wrapping. I personally try not to do it unless I have to. I think it was posted before but this is a really good video explaining the difference between wrapping and not wrapping and how it affects the bark.

Comment

• Very interesting, thanks Jose. Looks like I will continue smoking the brisket naked. Never even thought about wrapping it or have ever been to a place that has cooked them wrapped. Now I have been when they are ready to wrap them in butcher paper while they set to be severed, but most places that serve real BBQ brisket it has always been naked...
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• I usually will foil wrap my brisket about 1-2 hours before they're done, then finish/carry over in a cooler with towels.

Comment

• Ya I rarely wrap unless I'm having a problem getting the meat to the temperature I want. If I do wrap, I try unwrap and leave it on the smoker for a while once I start reaching temperature to get a better bark on it. Just my thoughts on it anyway.

Comment

• Thanks for the advise. I wish I would of brought some to work today.
                            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                              Ya I rarely wrap unless I'm having a problem getting the meat to the temperature I want. If I do wrap, I try unwrap and leave it on the smoker for a while once I start reaching temperature to get a better bark on it. Just my thoughts on it anyway.
                              Same here...ill smoke it again after it reaches temp wrapped.

Comment

Working...
                              X