1967 Mustang coupe Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is that brass?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      is that brass?

Yeah. Whoever tried to repair this had brazed it I seems. It was the same on the tail lamp panel I replaced. Looks like I gotta patch this too. Ughhhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by jtotin View Post
        Yeah. Whoever tried to repair this had brazed it I seems. It was the same on the tail lamp panel I replaced. Looks like I gotta patch this too. Ughhhhh

Here’s where she sits. I can no longer put both fenders on since I have to fix that panel first.

Comment

• Got the panel ordered to patch that area, got the rocker panel extension and full outer rocker panel ordered as well. Should have them by next weekend

Comment

• So apparently my dad did a SH###Y job of installing the floor pans in this car. All he did was cut some holes. Line it up and just over lap everything. There was a big gap between. The trans tunnel crossover and the flow pan. Should I cut out more metal and but then and weld them? Is that how typical floor pans get installed? I’ve never done them. Thanks in advance

Comment

• Got the drivers side out. So disappointing to see.

Comment

• Keep up the good work. You've entered the Fred Flintstone stage...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fourx4Brad View Post
                  Keep up the good work. You've entered the Fred Flintstone stage...

Hahaha seriously man

Comment

• Floor pan out and seat riser separated.

Comment

• So here’s where I run into my issue (wich is why I’m re-doing this in the first place. But I have a hide gap in between the floor pan and the crossmember. Is this normal when installing the floor pans? Or do I need to cut around the metal around here to get it to sit down flush so I can weld to the crossmember?

Comment

• Got the floor pans down better. Just used a self tapping sheet metal screw to pull the panel down onto the frame. Worked pretty well. Started with the door area then worked my way over. Looks much better I think. I’ll clean everything up and shoot some pics later. I worked on the thing for what seemed like an hour and a half and ended up being about 4 lol

Comment

• Originally posted by jtotin View Post
                          Got the floor pans down better. Just used a self tapping sheet metal screw to pull the panel down onto the frame. Worked pretty well. Started with the door area then worked my way over. Looks much better I think. I’ll clean everything up and shoot some pics later.
                          I'm no expert on the subject, but that sounds good to me.

Originally posted by jtotin View Post
                          I worked on the thing for what seemed like an hour and a half and ended up being about 4 lol
                          Time flies when you're having... fun? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                            I'm no expert on the subject, but that sounds good to me.

Time flies when you're having... fun? lol

Lol it’s seriously does. But yeah that pans looks SO much better underneath. I bought a new Milwaukee 18v grinder and holy crap this thing is a saving grace. I have a nice compressor and grinding wheels, but it doesn’t do justice to the electric grinder. It’s a frekin beast

Comment

• When your replacing the panels are you overlapping them or butt welding the back in? Is it more a preference or one way better than the other?

Comment

• Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                                When your replacing the panels are you overlapping them or butt welding the back in? Is it more a preference or one way better than the other?

I overlapped about an inch over. Smaller distances in some areas as wel. Just depends.

Comment

Working...
                                X