Range OK with FMJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Range OK with FMJ?

Anyone been to TX Gun Range in Midlothian?

They say they are FMJ friendly.

Rifle?

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
      Rifle?
      Yep

Comment

Those rules can eat a bag of dicks! lol.

Comment

I hear they won't let you carry on the premises (someone told me that) which sounds idiotic.

Just looked and sure enough.

NOTE: 30.06 AND 30.07 ENACTED – NO Concealed* or Open Carry beyond the parking lot!
          No thanks.

Comment

Just gotta shake my head at this stupid rule. IT"S A FUCKING GUN RANGE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
              I hear they won't let you carry on the premises (someone told me that) which sounds idiotic.

Just looked and sure enough.

No thanks.
              Yeah, I don't get that either. The Frisco gun range will let you carry, but you can't draw from the holster and shoot at the range. They say if you decided you want to fire your CCH to notify the range officer so he can assist or go back out to your car, empty it, then carry it in bagged for the range. I get why they don't want you drawing from your holster to shoot but not why you can't carry.

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
                Anyone been to TX Gun Range in Midlothian?

They say they are FMJ friendly.

http://txgunrange.com/
                Been there a bunch, and FMJ is fine. Yes, the rules are quirky, and so are the employees. Just follow the rules though and it's an enjoyable place to shoot. Just don't go after it has rained.
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

OK,

Took a chance on this place yesterday and was pleasantly surprised.

However, yes.... the rules are pretty crazy and one of the Range Safety Folks seems to be a bit.... aggressive.

However, other than that as long as you mind the rules and aren't a dick the overall experience is pretty positive.

Comment

Range safety is THE place to get "aggressive". Glad it was a good experience!
                    Originally posted by stevo
                    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                      Range safety is THE place to get "aggressive". Glad it was a good experience!
                      Not unless your aggressive RSO starts getting shooters nervous and agitated and making mistakes.

Comment

Not allowing folks to train drawing from holster / concealment is fucking retarded on about 9000 levels, buts expected in a litigious retarded liberal society.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                          Not allowing folks to train drawing from holster / concealment is fucking retarded on about 9000 levels, buts expected in a litigious retarded liberal society.
                          I completely disagree with you here. It's one thing to worry about a frivolous lawsuit and another one entirely to have someone shot. I agree people need training to draw from a holster, but I have no problem with the way the Frisco range allows you to do so. They make you take a class, and then they have set times where you can come in and draw from holster. They even block off a part of the range if I'm not mistaken. I don't want to be in a lane next to some schmuck who just bought a gun last weekend and has watched a ton of westerns trying to draw and shoot. My life means more than him trying to be proficient while playing the stupid lottery.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                            Join the Dallas Pistol Club; they allow rapid fire, drawing from concealment, a holster, or what ever. The one rule is no drawing past 180 degrees. I just hit the range at dawn when no one is there and do what ever I feel like doing for about 10 minutes and then head to work.

They had a person get killed there in the 90s I think but it was from a poor range lay out and not because of lax safety rules.
                            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                              I completely disagree with you here. It's one thing to worry about a frivolous lawsuit and another one entirely to have someone shot. I agree people need training to draw from a holster, but I have no problem with the way the Frisco range allows you to do so. They make you take a class, and then they have set times where you can come in and draw from holster. They even block off a part of the range if I'm not mistaken. I don't want to be in a lane next to some schmuck who just bought a gun last weekend and has watched a ton of westerns trying to draw and shoot. My life means more than him trying to be proficient while playing the stupid lottery.
                              I'm with you on that. I agree that people need to be able to train to draw and fire but it needs to be done safely; both for the shooter and others around them. Shoot Smart offers a lot of leeway if you rent a private suite.

Private Suites
                              Private suites are unique to Shoot Smart and by far our most popular offering! In your Suite, you’ll find a private, intimate, and comfortable space where you can relax and enjoy your experience. Each Suite has a private entrance, and the suites open to a common range beyond the firing line. The Suites are partitioned from each other by 6 inches of poured concrete and concrete blocks that run approximately 12 feet into the range from the entrance. Each partition is floor to ceiling, so you won’t get any of your neighbor’s brass! Suites also feature rolling carts so you can choose a bench format, or by rolling the cart away, an open format perfectly suited for holster practice. Ask a range guide or range safety officer for our portable rifle benches if you’re visiting with your rifle! All types of calibers and shooting speeds are permitted in the Suites, including rapid fire, holster practice, and rifle calibers. Suites are great for new shooters, NFA owners, customers who need a chance to build confidence in privacy, couples on dates, and families or groups of friends.

Comment

Working...
                              X