Pistol or Carbine class for my son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistol or Carbine class for my son

Brainstorming ideas for my son's 15 birthday present. A pistol or carbine class or individual instruction would be cool I think. He loves to shoot and he has already pretty much learned all I know to teach him. Any suggestions for a person or place?

Another idea is a hog hunt but that will have to be a guided place since I have no experience hunting or private place to go.
    Jon

Don't know your kid, but I'd think the hog hunt would be more fun and get to the put all you taught him to practical use.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

yeah, no better bonding experience than going hunting. Just ask Lee Boyd Malvo.

eagerly awaiting outrage.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

If he loves to shoot, I say go for the pistol class. Hell, take it with him. It'll give him skills that will carry forward if he plans on carrying. And who knows, it might save his life. Nothing like shooting 500 rounds with good instruction to improve upon what he (thinks he) knows. Later he can take a carbine class to add to those skills. If you are just wanting to bond with him, then take him hunting.

I think my first two pistol classes this year as well as a carbine class. It really improved my shooting and I'm planning on taking more.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
          Don't know your kid, but I'd think the hog hunt would be more fun and get to the put all you taught him to practical use.
          100% this. Go over to the Texas Hunting Forum and check out the outfitters section.
          "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
          East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
          https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

Working...
          X